V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to change my black factory clutch, throttle, and front brake cables to braided. What is the best brand, and the best place to purchase those?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
sledman said:
I'm about to change my black factory clutch, throttle, and front brake cables to braided. What is the best brand, and the best place to purchase those?
I dunno who's best, but you can get good SS cables from Drag Specialties, that's where I got mine from. Their Fatbook (catalog) is available on-line: http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbook.shtml

regards,

wyo

·
04 Ultra
248 Posts
Probably a stuip question, but her goes. What are the advantages of running SS cables instead of stock cables?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Rocker said:
Probably a stuip question, but her goes. What are the advantages of running SS cables instead of stock cables?
As far as braided brake lines verses stock rubber brake lines, as the rubber ages they have more of a tendency to expand during hard braking and cracking is more of a possibility.
Braided lines are less likely to this.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Rocker said:
Cosmetic only as far as I know.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
What about lubing the cables? What do you use? I use bike aid now, but does that discolor?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I got MagnumShieldings via drag specialties via my local indy shop. I used the dealer locator on drag specialties website to find him. There are 2 shops in my town. Dunno what the difference is in the way they can buy but the price difference was about $20 per cable. The second shop is not on the d.s. list.
They are nice pieces.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts