V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
"Best" is a relative situation when it comes to Corbin.

You can buy it cheaper through your standard parts houses (dragspecialties, etc.) or you can buy it better by going directly to Corbin.

When you buy directly from Corbin, they will customize the seat for you at no charge. Corbin will also custom modify a Corbin seat you bought elsewhere, but you will have to pay the freight.

Click on my link, then the seat tab for more info.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Corbin does a 10% discount on all seats when you buy it at the Hollister Rally in Hollister, CA on July 4th weekend... Thats were I bought mine for my old Honda a couple years back, and where I plan on buying it for my new Harley this year. You don't have to have it fitted that weekend, just paid for. You can go to the Corbin "booth" or to the factory a couple miles away. Worth every penny in my opinion.

·
Banned
1,321 Posts
Ralston said:
For my new street glide? One of my guys heard of a discount shop? thanks
I bought a Rumble seat from them for my Street Glide. It must have been their first one for a Street Glide, because it fit like crap. They picked it up at no charge, and have now had it for two and a half more weeks (after saying a week or two at the most). I'm guessing they never actually fitted one to a real Street Glide (different dash), but did a photoshop for the one on their webpage (because the fit on that one looks great!).
Ken

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Corbin seats for the Touring bikes do not accomodate the new plastic main wiring harnesses on the 06 bikes. They are aware of the problem and hope to have it fixed with new molds by the end of March.

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
petrock said:
Corbin does a 10% discount on all seats when you buy it at the Hollister Rally in Hollister, CA on July 4th weekend... Thats were I bought mine for my old Honda a couple years back, and where I plan on buying it for my new Harley this year. You don't have to have it fitted that weekend, just paid for. You can go to the Corbin "booth" or to the factory a couple miles away. Worth every penny in my opinion.
Wasn't the Holister Rally cancelled this year?

·
Young Harley Rider
550 Posts
This year? As in 2006? You must be joking, if the city is not offically i dont see what will stop people from just showing up.
As for Corbin, It is best to go down to there shop and get the seat cut right then and there. I have done it for both the bikes i owned, my Sporty (RIP) and my Softail. For the Softail i did it Hollister Weekend, and it can be a little crazy and busy but once they start working there magic, damn can they make a difference. Its a long wait, but there is a lot of cool scoots there to check out a few guys setup boots on the Corbin lot. Also you get to test ride the seat so they can make cuts and add things to it to fit you bum. Its a great thing to do for you rear end, and i know everytime i get a scoot the first place i am ridding is to Corbin to get a seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts