V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
What the %$#%!%# ?
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, new user here, I had a 883c but sold it last year... But I liked it so much I bought another.

My question is what is the best pipes for this bike knowing that within a year it will have the 1200 conversion??

My last 883c I put on D&D Performance Slip ons and removed the baffles for a nice sound.

Is this recommended for any bike??

·
Registered
679 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the board,

Your search just ended. :) I think you should get the Vance & Hines Straight Shots.

http://www.vanceandhines.com/pages/HStrait.html

Click on the pipes on their site and you will hear how great they sound. They will increase low to mid range torque. They have a 220 degree built in heat shield and they look friggin sweet. These are the pipes I will get.

I have only heard great things about the quality of V&H also.

BTW, no affiliation. LOL

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Is there realy a "best pipe"? If you mean preformance then 2 into 1. They look sick on a Sporty, Big Shots , Stright Shots, Long Shots all look good and offer a range of power increase.

Bottom line get whatever you like.

·
What the %$#%!%# ?
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUT should the baffles be removed from any pipes???

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
If you want noise , yea remove them. You lose tons of low end torque by doing so. Most pipes are made to preform with the baffles, some have "tuneable" baffles to tune the back psi. The less the back psi the greater the top end HP, and for the most part only drag bikes need alot of that. By the way it realy dont hurt the motor to run stright or open pipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts