V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the samson short slashers and rip saws , also V&H bog shots, any suggestions, i want to be heard of course but is the sound good??? also any performance difference? i will most likely rejet & get a K&N also. thanks ST

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
I'm running Street Sweepers on my full tilt 95" FXDX and they sound as if they're about to tear the a$$ out of the world. You'll definitely be heard before you're seen! V&H are tame compared to these.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
The hell with all that, based on your name I think you should post a picture or send me one. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry

to dissapoint you, but its just a nickname i have for my wife. she uses this board also.
hey SS, do you think they are louder because they are turned down at the end like the ripsaws???? i have dumps/turndowns on my mustang and its way louder than it was with strait pipes.
i think it is now down to short slashers and ripsaws, i likw the look of the strait pipe but i want it loud. i am probabaly going to have to run the stock pipes for a while anyway, at least through the break in period. are they just totally lame or do they sound decent off the showroom floor?

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
These pipes are loud because they have no baffles and an ID of 2 1/4". Mine turn out and down. This is the main reason I chose the Street Sweepers, to keep the soot off the swing arm and rear wheel. The hi-comp motor makes them all the louder.

I feel the Rip Saws and Short Slashers look better on the Softail since the exit angle matches the lower section of the swing arm.

As for the stock exhaust note... It's quite quiet. Kinda early Volkswagenesque.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I've got the Ground Pounders and they are definitely LOUD!!!!!!!!!!

My neighbors must hate me when I come home in the morning:eek:

Tony:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ttt

do the strait pipes really throw that much dust and dirt up on the back of the bike and the wheel? is it the extra cleaning you are trying to avoid??

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
ttt... WTFO?

I was originally running SE slip-on mufflers and the stock head pipes. Then Cycle Shack staggered slash cut duals. The rear muffler and bracket were always sooted up as were the swing arm and rear wheel. Any pipes will do this unless they turn out, down or are long enough to exit past the rear wheel. And yes, I did get tired of cleaning the rear of the bike and ruining bike towels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts