V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I personally like the old 50's & 60's music. I have a "library" of over 5,000 titles from late 40's up through mid 80's.. Took 986 favorites and loaded onto flash drive, then inserted that into the USB port on my radio. No more looking for a decent station, NO commercials or chit chat !

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,552 Posts
I personally like the old 50's & 60's music. I have a "library" of over 5,000 titles from late 40's up through mid 80's.. Took 986 favorites and loaded onto flash drive, then inserted that into the USB port on my radio. No more looking for a decent station, NO commercials or chit chat !
LOL Either you're a poser or I need therapy. I have 10,000 songs on my phone. My wife makes unkind comments.

joe

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
LOL Either you're a poser or I need therapy. I have 10,000 songs on my phone. My wife makes unkind comments.

joe
I think I remember you going AWOL off the forum for a bit and somebody asking "Where ya' been?"
You replied something about taking a few days off to re-arrange your album collection.
Maybe your music collection IS your therapy.

EDIT: Cripes! There is such a dearth of new threads that we are now posting on new spam threads.
I'm beginning to change my opinion about them. Maybe they aren't useless.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,552 Posts
I think I remember you going AWOL off the forum for a bit and somebody asking "Where ya' been?"
You replied something about taking a few days off to re-arrange your album collection.
Maybe your music collection IS your therapy.

EDIT: Cripes! There is such a dearth of new threads that we are now posting on new spam threads.
I'm beginning to change my opinion about them. Maybe they aren't useless.
It's worse than you know. Over time, my inventory system has evolved and mutated. I tried making running updates and corrections, but gave up. So, you're right, and I'm up to the 'Q's, just finished 'Question Mark and the Mysterians'. I have about 80 new CDs I haven't even heard yet because NOTHING GETS ADDED 'TIL I CATCH THIS UP.

I tell Mama that this is a relatively cheap hobby [therapy] and that it keeps me out of the bars.

LOL I guess spam are people too, huh? We're so inclusive.

joe

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
It's worse than you know. Over time, my inventory system has evolved and mutated. I tried making running updates and corrections, but gave up. So, you're right, and I'm up to the 'Q's, just finished 'Question Mark and the Mysterians'. I have about 80 new CDs I haven't even heard yet because NOTHING GETS ADDED 'TIL I CATCH THIS UP.

I tell Mama that this is a relatively cheap hobby [therapy] and that it keeps me out of the bars.

LOL I guess spam are people too, huh? We're so inclusive.

joe
When I was a teen the next door neighbors owned the music store at the mall. They had an expensive amp, tuner, speakers and turntable. It was in a big room dedicated to music. Floor to ceiling vinyl records (on shelves) covering all the walls.That's alotta albums.
Sounds like you are in their league.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,552 Posts
When I was a teen the next door neighbors owned the music store at the mall. They had an expensive amp, tuner, speakers and turntable. It was in a big room dedicated to music. Floor to ceiling vinyl records (on shelves) covering all the walls.That's alotta albums.
Sounds like you are in their league.
Well, you just blew it. You opened the door for an enthusiast.

In high school there was a Chevy dealer across the street from the school house. I spent many lunch hours over there with the '70 model Z/28s and SS Chevelles and 454 Corvettes. A stereo shop next door would have been perfect.

I've still got 300 LPs that haven't seen daylight in over 20 years. There are about 2000 CDs on the shelves. My gear is what I call entry level high end-- Rotel electronics and Paradigm speakers. I discovered planar magnetic speakers a few years ago. They are so sweet in my headphones and earbuds. I still have my [working] top-of-the-line '77 Sansui receiver and a [working] '75 model Pioneer 8 track recorder.

It all started with a transistor radio in '64.

OK, I'll stop. Wake up! I'm done.

joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts