V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I like stainless steel wool over the ceramic fibers, easier on lungs, harder on fingers.

·
Registered
17,732 Posts
Top of my list.
It better be sooner than 13 yrs. You still owe me a beer.

Are you going to make me come get it? LOL!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,459 Posts
It better be sooner than 13 yrs. You still owe me a beer.

Are you going to make me come get it? LOL!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I won't make you, but I wouldn't stop you either.

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,459 Posts
I just bought these slip ons for my 2015 street glide. I LOVE the sound. Its real deep sounding, BUT the bassy drone absolutely hurts my ears and makes them ring for days so i have to do something to stop the drone. Does anyone have any tricks that i could do to these pipes to stop the drone?
SHARKROAD 4.4" Slip Ons Megaphone For Harley Exhaust 95-16 Touring Street Glide | eBay
What's a "bassy drone"? Is that a remote controlled flying fish?

Honestly, I think trying to modify slip-ons to "tune the sound" is a crazy undertaking.

Can you sell the ones you bought and get something different? Did you not know what these sounded like before you bought them? Have you tried earplugs? Losing your hearing isn't worth a "cool sound". I have a buddy who almost quit riding last year because of a similar issue and he had put stock mufflers back on, then he tried wearing some good quality industrial type earplugs when he rides and he says it has helped a lot. It must have, he's still riding.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trying to repack a set of Khrome Werks 3" slash cut slip ons, part # 202348 (or 202350).

Looks to be a 1/2 fiberglass mat but underneath is a paper thin, mesh type white fiberglass sheet that wraps directly around the metal baffle.

Any idea what this is called and/or where I can find it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
#4 grade course grade steel wool.
Two wraps around the outside of the baffles.
Cut a piece of hardware cloth and wrap this over the steel wool.
Three pieces of cut off coat hanger wraps the front middle, and back of the baffles. Cinch the hanger wire down tightly by twisting the ends together with a pair of pliers.

When you attempt to stuff this doobie you just rolled into the mufflers you're going to discover that you didn't take rolling this thing seriously. Tight is right.
I've had to drive them in with a sledge.

I learned this from my dad who was a WWII veteran. He learned it from the Army. He was using this exact method to tame the lake pipes on his flat head hot rod.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts