V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the BEST MAKE/BRAND of Main and Pilot Jets for my CV Carby please. I have just realized that the Carby rebuild kit didn't include jets :(

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks and I wouldn't buy anything used so no issue there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Sorry. I was going off a literal translation of what you said. As best as I can tell, everything you have posted so far has been about a 25-year-old used motorcycle. And if you were only talking about parts, used isn't necessarily bad. Lots of good deals can be had from the used parts bin.

Reactions: wombat457

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem - I probably should have been a bit more specific.

·
Premium Member
4,867 Posts
Good products and info here:

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
So the rest of us don't make the same mistake, what "Carby rebuild kit" did you get ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So the rest of us don't make the same mistake, what "Carby rebuild kit" did you get ?
Drag Specialties CV Carburetor Rebuild Kit For Harley 1988-2006

This is what I should have gotten:

James Gasket CV Carburetor Rebuild Kit For Harley 1988-2006

Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR -1369

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but how do you know what Jets to use?

I know the mods done to a bike effect the jet size, or at least that is what I am led to believe, so what jets (main and pilot) would I need for a stock engine with an S&S Teardrop Air Cleaner and V&H Big Shots Staggered Exhaust?

·
Registered
271 Posts
All the advice above is good, no problem with any of it.

For what it is worth, something to consider. Make sure your jets are all from the same company, whoever you choose. Reason is, a 190 from CV Performance, for example, might flow the same as a 185 Keihin or from a Harley Screamin Eagle jet kit. But generally a 190 CV performancde flows more than a 185 CVP, but less than 195 CVP. And so forth. I'm not saying the brands all flow different; I -am- saying that I do not know for sure, so best to be safe and take the easy way out. You may want to make other modifications and need another jet size or two to get it right, so get a couple different sizes just in case.

The only way to make sure of the flow is to flow test them and most of us can't due to lack of time, motivation, or flow test equipment. You will probably be OK using more than one brand, but just to be safe, you have to buy them anyway, so it is just as easy to get them all from the same place.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bulwinkle,

Thanks for the tips and I also believe in keeping things compatible - no mixing and trying to match stuff :)

·
Registered
1985 FXRP - 1995 DYNA Convertible - 2005 FXR 'Hardly'-Davidson Custom Build ...
73 Posts
I have had GREAT UPgrade parts & Tuning suggestions for KEIHIN CV-40 carburetors from:

www.CV-Performance.com

they have parts for AFTERMARKET Carburetors also

COOP

What is the BEST MAKE/BRAND of Main and Pilot Jets for my CV Carby please. I have just realized that the Carby rebuild kit didn't include jets :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts