V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Fishing for opinions on the best looking, best sounding, best street performance drag style long pipes available.

The bike is a '99 Heritage Springer softail with SE airbox, Dynojet carb kit, Andrews EV23 cam, SE 6000rpm ignition.

I want to replace the stock dual exhaust headers/Kerker slip-ons with some quality long pipes. I would say my priorities rank in this order 1) great looks 2) great sound 3) decent street performance (I know the long pipes won't give performance like say a good 2 into 1, but I don't want crappy performance either!)

Any other pipes out there to consider besides the Vance and Hines Longshots? I really don't want to spend more than about $350. That rules out the new long style Bigshots.

Thanks for the opinions,
OldBoy

Saint Petersburg, Florida

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
My personal preference is the V&H. I don't think you will be disapointed based on what you want em for.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have Straight Shots and they sound real good. Heard the Long Shots on a Softail and thet sound and look good.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 02' Heritage Springer EFI and put Vance & Hines Straightshots on it. Sound is great, performance is great, and price is under $400. They look fantastic on the springer. I have received many great compliments on them. The only problem I have with the V & H is is some bluing on one of the pipes slip on. I called V&H about it and they told me that the stage one map on my chip is for Screaming Eagle and not thier pipes. Of course they recommended a power commander, but the scooter s still under warrenty. I called three different dealerships in Oklahoma and Texas and they all told me that the power commander will void the warranty. So I guess I'll ride it out until the warranty expires and get a power commander. Since you are carbed, I suspect you won't have any problems with the V&H. Good luck in your pursuit.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
skydoc said:
I have a 02' Heritage Springer EFI and put Vance & Hines Straightshots on it. Sound is great, performance is great, and price is under $400. They look fantastic on the springer. I have received many great compliments on them.
Skydoc,
Would you happen to have a larger picture of your FLSTS with the Straightshots? If so I'd love to see it. I haven't seen any Heritage Springers without the stock dual exhaust setup.

Thanks,
Mike:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts