V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
thinking of changing my bars on my Ultra to something that will be more comfortable on long rides. Anyone got any suggestions as to handle bars for touring bikes that are much more comfortable than stock ones for long periods in the saddle???

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
There is not many choices for you unfortunately. You have the h-d pullbacks and these, which i have never ridden long range but i did like them. The last choice is these, which the jury is still out on looks, comfort....

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Heres the HDreach bars, couldn't be happier.:D

·
Ghost Rider - IronButt
480 Posts
Go Ape!

davemhughes said:
thinking of changing my bars on my Ultra to something that will be more comfortable on long rides. Anyone got any suggestions as to handle bars for touring bikes that are much more comfortable than stock ones for long periods in the saddle???
I'll start out by saying that I ride a Road King Classic with 16" ape handlebars, so yes I'm "pro" apes. My apes and I have ridden over 1K mile in a day with no discomfort, but I am 6'2" and ride with the Mustang seat.

In this month AIM, I saw an advertisement for 13" & 16" apes developed specifically for Electra Glides and Ultras. For addtional options, check these out:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cyclesmiths1/Ape%20hanger%20page.htm

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apes would be cool......but I am going to check out the HD reach bars....plan on making many long trips this riding season.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
My buddy has the HDReach bars on his Ultra. The only downside is they block the fairing mounted mirrors.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Police Road Kings come with the Heritage bars. Very nice. ( I think the Police EG have the same). Longest ride so fr was 1050 miles. My Mustang seat helped.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I thought the stock bars on my Electra Glide were great, so anything I suggest probably won't be too useful to you.

With that being said, I put Road Glide bars on my Road King and am really happy with the setup. Since the new bars have a different bend from the stockers the mirrors were rendered useless, though. I had to go to aftermarket mirrors.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
I love my Wild 1 WO575's. They are so much better than stock-2$en#e-

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
There are many many alternatives available. Depends mostly on you, i.e. how tall, arm length, etc. I have chubby wild ones, kind of like the beach bars, and find them quite comfortable for 5-600 mile days, day after day.

Perhaps more important for me is having a rider back rest. Cannot overplay how much they help on long trips. I didn't like the look, untill I got one. I still take it off when in town, etc, but when I hit the road, on it goes.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Do the Wild 1 575's pull back farther than stock?
I put a Corbin Solo on and I'm stretched too much with the stock bars. Guess I should have gotten the "Close" Corbin.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Both Flanders and Wild Ones offer bars with more hieght and pull back to make you more comfortable for the long haul...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts