V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some highway pegs for my 06 Road Glide...What are the best (most comfortable) highway pegs??? I was looking at a set of Kuryakyn"s...

Are there some better? More Comfortable?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Are you looking for "mini" floorboards or pegs? Can't help you with mini floorboards, but for pegs, I found the best combo for me was a set of those Chrome skinny pegs with the o-rings mounted directly to the crashbar with no offset. Just straight and mounted as low as possible to get my legs extended far.

The 0-rings suck, and most all the other rubber pad ones did as well for me. I spent 6 bucks for 3M black Traction tape at the hardware store and wrapped them in that. Now they have Chrome ends with a black , no slip surface for my boots. They have held up to oil, water and road grime great and provide a lot of grip for my boots.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Size 13 boots and I have the Kuryakyn iso wing boards/pegs on my Glide. They are comfortable and work well. Kuryakyn also has some new engine guard boards/pegs, pricey but look nice. The quality is top notch on mine and I have had them for about 4 years and used them on a different bike.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I'll sell you my Kuryakyn 8028 Iso-Pegs...they are used and have a few blemishes, so I'll let them go pretty cheap. I'll send you pics if you want.

They bolt right to your 1 1/4" crash bar.

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fxrflh said:
Are you looking for "mini" floorboards or pegs? Can't help you with mini floorboards, but for pegs, I found the best combo for me was a set of those Chrome skinny pegs with the o-rings mounted directly to the crashbar with no offset. Just straight and mounted as low as possible to get my legs extended far.
I am not sure what I am looking for...I have looked at the Kuryakyn's Switchblades and thought that was a good idea (heel strap and all) but they are listed under footpegs not highway pegs...:confused:

I know I need them due to a ride I took that was 220 miles each way, my hips starting cramping up after about 100 miles. The only way I could releave the discomfort was to stretch my legs out next to the engine crash bar...

I just don't know which "highway" pegs to get...

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does no one use highway pegs?????

(BUMP)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts