V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's the best dyno tuner in upstate NY? Had new 95" build done last fall and plan to get it dyno tuned once broken in some more this spring.

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
hardinge harley, corning ny.
http://www.hardingharley.com

while you are there, dont forget to go across the street to the "dancing arts" center.(McHales)
Hardings held some kind of record for dyno tuning at bike week, but i cant seem to remember what it was.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Has anyone ever used Joe's Cycle Repair in Mechanicville, NY (near Saritoga)?

·
Doofaluumpa
188 Posts
Scoo1ter,

Based on your signature, we've got almost identical builds. I've got a Dyno posted in the Dyno thread if you haven't seen it. I see that you've got the Dewey's Rammer air cover. I am contemplating getting one after I get some miles on my build. How do you like it? I'm curious to see what your Dyno will be.:hmmm:

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73524

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HogJR,
I think the Dewey's Rammer air cleaner cover looks great. Top quality. Much better looking than the oval football-shaped cover and the entire air filter element is exposed. I'll take a look at your dyno and post mine when I get it done. Thanks...

Scoo1ter

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HogJr,
I am also thinking about putting a D&D Fatcat exhaust on the bike in place of the SE II which I currently have.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Who did the build for you?
Where in Upstate NY are you?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bad Twin,
The heads and recommended build was by Dewey's Custom in Farmington, NM (http://www.deweyspegs.com), and the engine build was performed by Harding HD in Corning, NY. The Dewey's Pro Street Ported heads and Andrews 37G cam combination are quite popular on this forum and is considered a proven and reliable engine build which will get you around 96 HP/103 TQ. I live in Owego, NY, around 20 miles west of Binghamton.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Thanks. Yeah man, thats a great build. I've got family in the Buffalo area and have heard some good things on some shops in that end of the state but that's probably a bit to far for you...

Warming up up there yet?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, still in the 30s during the day and had lake-effect snow all day today.

·
Back In Black
182 Posts
scoo1ter,

GRock has a place in Conn. I have no idea exactly where or how far that is from you, but I think he's had a ton of experience tuning motors with Dewey's heads and the 37G. Give him a PM.

MAC

·
Registered
35 Posts
Go see Joe at Joe's Cycle repair in Machanicville, near Albany. Joe is a TOP
NOTCH tuner. He will ring every bit of TQ and HP out of your build. He does
them all, Race tuner, Direct link, PC, Thundermax etc. I used him a while back
and would use him again in a heartbeat. Joe knows his S#%T when it
comes to FI tuning. Your build is very much like mine, Dewey heads W/37Gs
Tell him Chuck from Niagara Falls sent you. Check out the numbers he pulls
on some of the Hillside builds. Unbelievable.

·
Banned
871 Posts
scoo1ter said:
Bad Twin,
The heads and recommended build was by Dewey's Custom in Farmington, NM (http://www.deweyspegs.com), and the engine build was performed by Harding HD in Corning, NY. The Dewey's Pro Street Ported heads and Andrews 37G cam combination are quite popular on this forum and is considered a proven and reliable engine build which will get you around 96 HP/103 TQ. I live in Owego, NY, around 20 miles west of Binghamton.
I was gonna say Barnyard Customs in Potsdam, but that's when I though you typed OSwego, not Owego. So you are in the southern tier... Sorry, I'm near Plattsburgh, so we don't consider anything south of Albany "upstate". LOL! If you do want to travel up this way, then Barnyard's the place to go. Only 50 bucks an hour and he does excellent work! I take my bikes there whenever I want to get it fine-tuned.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts