V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been done to death in the past -- but I did a search and didn't come up with much... thanks for any suggestions.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
FlaFatBoy said:
Go to www.metalgloss.com and take a look.
Excellent recommendation. Their polish and sealer are top notch. However, if I have heel marks on my chrome I have only found one product that I find that takes it off with ease and it is Turtle Wax Chrome Polish. It is the cheapest product when it comes to chrome polish, but the best for those situations. Other than that, I use metal gloss the rest of the time.

·
Registered
267 Posts
English Chrome Products, Gord's and the Master Formulas mentioned above are all great products.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Fatb0y said:
Excellent recommendation. Their polish and sealer are top notch. However, if I have heel marks on my chrome I have only found one product that I find that takes it off with ease and it is Turtle Wax Chrome Polish. It is the cheapest product when it comes to chrome polish, but the best for those situations. Other than that, I use metal gloss the rest of the time.
Well, gotta give the real credit to you as it was your original recommendation that led me to it.Also bought the oil scavenger from Rogue Choppers but haven't installed yet.You find some good shiit FatBoy and I appreciate you sharing it. :thanks:

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Badger mentioned Neverdul. Good but you have to wipe, wipe and recheck, and will still have some left on the bike. Know a guy from the Navy hates it. He uses dish soap. I used glass cleaner for years.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
FlaFatBoy said:
Well, gotta give the real credit to you as it was your original recommendation that led me to it.Also bought the oil scavenger from Rogue Choppers but haven't installed yet.You find some good shiit FatBoy and I appreciate you sharing it. :thanks:
Anytime. Metalgloss is a kickarse product. Once you use the sealer after a good polishing job it really does make the shine last longer and it also makes getting off tar marks/etc easier.

Cool thing about the Scavenger for the softail models is there is no install time. Just use, put up, and reuse later. For the Dyna and Touring models there is a small install package due to the location of the oil tank.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Subpar said:
Sorry if this has been done to death in the past -- but I did a search and didn't come up with much... thanks for any suggestions.
I've used many chrome and metal polishes in the past. I've used Never Dull, Mother & McGuire products, even Brasso. But recently I found a product that just blew me away. Its called MAAS metal polish and can be found in a little 4 oz silver tube at Wally World. Not to worry, a little bit of this product goes a looong way.
I tried it for the first time last weekend. The scoot needed a good detailing. Anyway, once I broke into this tube of polish I couldn't stop myself. It was so easy to use and the finish it left behind was far superior to anything I had used before, I just had to do the wheels too. This product leaves a protective and long-lasting show-quality shine......for $4.00!
I'll never use anything else. Now to order some Crystal Glo. I'd like to try that next on my black wide glide.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Subpar said:
...I ordered the Metal Gloss products tonight. :beer4u:
You will be happy with it...Ride Safe

Randy

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I think more than happy. You will be surprised what it will do with chrome and then when you get to aluminum you will be definitely freaked out at how easily it polishes it as well. Then put the sealer on and done.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fatb0y said:
I think more than happy. You will be surprised what it will do with chrome and then when you get to aluminum you will be definitely freaked out at how easily it polishes it as well. Then put the sealer on and done.

Just checked out their site. It say's that they formulated it to be used on billet aluminum also. Have you or anyone one you know of used it for that?

Thanks

·
I love BIG headlights...
386 Posts
Kudu said:
FLITZ!!!
That is all you need to know.
Flitz is the Shitz, been using it since I was on a drill team in the USAF 30+ years

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
I throw a B.S. flag on the need to polish chrome. Why? It doesn't get any more shiney by polishing it. Scratches don't come out like they do on aluminum. It doesn't oxidize like aluminum or brass. IMO, it is a pure waste of time to "polish" chrome. Sure it needs cleaned. But generally washing it will keep it clean. If you want to do just the chrome, most any good glass cleaner will do the job.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts