V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had a 2012 th and a 09 street glide both which had to be sold to pay my wife’s chemo cancer treatment. The bike were a lot alike and different as far as ride and balance. For me I can honestly say the 2005 Electra glide I have is by far the best balanced bike for me anyway. I seem to handle this ride at a creeping pace much better than the others, the new bikes did have their pluses though

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
The best balanced bike at a creeping pace? Is that a big plus? Maybe you do alot of parades.

It's because your fork tubes are behind the steering neck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, that didn’t come out right I just meant like a slow roll in traffic or just pulling up to to a stop sign just before you drop your feet

·
Premium Member
4,644 Posts
Touring bikes. Most that do skill riding in cones use Road Kings, I've been told because they can't see the front wheel on an EG.

·
Fashion Conscious
1,901 Posts
For low speed balance, my Heritage is miles ahead of my Limited.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,087 Posts
Probably Softails with their low center of gravity.Road Kings don't do bad either for a larger bike.

·
Premium Member
4,772 Posts
Most of these bikes are fairly well balanced. The problem is that the seating position places the rider rear of the center of the bike. If you slide up on the front of the seat when you're creeping the bike becomes much easier to balance.

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Most of these bikes are fairly well balanced. The problem is that the seating position places the rider rear of the center of the bike. If you slide up on the front of the seat when you're creeping the bike becomes much easier to balance.
My b*lls hurt just thinking of that prospect.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
only way I can do a U-turn is creep up on the tank.

Best balance is what I do

·
Registered
250 Posts
Cap'n, he didn't say there wasn't a cost involved! LOL!

Reactions: WEINERDOGBONE
1 - 14 of 14 Posts