V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· old timer
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to tell all of you about the benefits I have derived from my participation in Biker forums on the internet.

Over the past four years, I have participated in three or four different forums on the 'net.' As a result of that endeavor I have met at least 25 riders from across this land and several foreign countries.

Hippo and I met two years ago after havong become friends at least a year before we met...we rode to Colorado together and met Boomer, Creep, Ralph, Hooter Tommy, XL95th and a few others.

JimmyK and I have known each other for three or more years and have ridden together many times. JimmyT has been out here with and without his family at least three times. When I made my cross country journey earlier this year I was fortunate enough to meet with 8-10 more of the people I've met on this computer.

JohnS in Reno has become a good friend and we have spent many weekends riding around the twisties together.

Yesterday a friend I made several years ago from Chile arrived at my home to visit and bench race. I have had friends from Germany, England and now South America grace me with their visits and in three years I have covered 30,000+ miles in the pursuit of meeting the many folks I've corresponded with on the net.

I have yet to have a bad contact or one that I regret. I have partied with a great number of people who I never would have met except for this media.

More of you should try to do the same...it has proven a worthwhile and gratifying experience and I am grateful for the opportunities it has afforded me.

I have a little black book of names addresses and phone numbers that I can use to plan trips across the country and hardly ever have need to stay in a motel or otherwise alone. I can find a 'friend' in almost every state and have done just that. I am very fortunate to have found the boards on the web to provide me with these people. THey have enriched my life more than I can tell you.

Try It you'll like it.

manny

· old timer
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Smokey,

I check the board a couple of times a day at least and contribute when I feel I can. SOmetimes I try to keep my mouth shut and read what is being said.

I am only tempted to post when I can offer something of value, otherwise I am learning from all of you.

manny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.