V-Twin Forum banner

Any one have Drive belt problems with 2001 Roadking?

• Yes, Dealer/ HD paid for it

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Yes Dealer/HD would not pay for it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fixed my self, Paid my self

• had dealer fix it, I paid for it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2001 Roadking with 6000 miles on it. The drive belt broke, Called HD to see if they would pay for the parts...........Still waiting..... anyway had to fix it my self, a two day event. anyway any others have drive belt problems?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Belt Problems

Renzoman said:
Have a 2001 Roadking with 6000 miles on it. The drive belt broke, Called HD to see if they would pay for the parts...........Still waiting..... anyway had to fix it my self, a two day event. anyway any others have drive belt problems?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I don't have an 02, but have personally witnessed at least half a dozen breakages. Three of the bikes were out of warranty including my GF's.
The dealer fixed them all at no charge after resisting quite strongly initially, but I told him he had the option to fix them or we would drop the dime (the first time only). Dealer made the calls.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The belt broke on my 2001 at 2300 miles. Dealer replaced with no problems except for the wait for the part. Parts were on backorder due to qty of breakage

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,782 Posts
I just had an Ultima open belt primary installed and when i road the bike from the shop to my house I noticed an oil spot under the front pully and my first thought was main crank seal so I called the shop and they told me it was left over oil in the motor cavity just residual it will go away. Any help ??
Man, this is a 13 year old thread. And you were supposed to spend your first post on an intro.

joe

·
Registered
17,509 Posts
Man, this is a 13 year old thread. And you were supposed to spend your first post on an intro.

joe
Crack the whip, Homey.

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
Just in case the OP wants to know: Yes I had a belt break on my 2001 RK which I thought was due to a defective belt. The dealer didn't pay for it because I bought the bike used.

The second time it broke was my fault.

rkc

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
700 on my 01. I don't remember the year but there was accusations the an employee was crunching belts.

Hell some of the people are dead in this thread. But I agree with resurrecting threads that are on topic. We tell people to use search function.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I guess we can safely say 02 Harleys aren't going to be warranted now but it is interesting, never heard about it. I have an 03 roadking with the original belt still on it but I only have 15,000 on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts