V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna post something I put together during a recent snowy Saturday. Gathered images and video clips from the past year or so of riding and crunched them into a three minute video. Will note several different bikes and brands currently in the barn here, some bikes recently sold, bikes from rental trips, and group rides. Will also see scenery, animals, meals, maps, towns, lakes, roads, signs, mountains, ocean, snow, other countries, etc. and etc. Placed it at a Harley Technical Forum and given the very nice response, well, why not place it here.

Read a comment once from an E-Glide rider who had 250,000 miles on the odom. Asked why collecting all the miles, he noted "Well, I think of it as collecting memories not miles." Amen to that. So, the camera comes along on many journeys. Good thing, for it was an effort populating a great song (accompanying the video below) with so many images and video clips.

I haven't been everywhere, but have been here and there... Been Here & There - Streaming Video

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Well,well......... Sfarson I abso-fu<kin'-lutely loved it!
You know Iam a fan of your work(and for good reason)and that video was fu<kin' superb man.:cheers:
I notice the local Aussie boys in blue nabbed you-How fast were you going?
I look forward to your next instalment.
Ange.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Great video. Very good song selection and editing. I've found those are 2 of the biggest things that will make a video. I bet you put a lot of hours into that. After doing a few music videos myself I realize the amount of time it takes to put something like that together. My winter project is to come up with some new camera mounts in different locations on my bike. My biggest goal is to get a more stable mounting system. Your video footage looks great how stable it is.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Absolutely FANTASTIC, great music, great scenery, not to be missed!!! You put a lot of effort into that, thanks from me and all who are watching it here at work :) Can you tell from your website how many times it has been viewed or downloaded?

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Great effort...thanks a ton!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Those are good. And I enjoyed the show, just a quick work of warning (not throwing dirt on the fire).

I work in Multimedia (34 years) and have seen many people burned by copyright laws being enforced. Title 17 of US Code protects the authorship of fixed tangible expression. Hopefully you have a license for this use and the Forum has permission also.

Unless this comes under Fair Use (teaching, reporting, or criticism of work, etc), then all photos and music is copyrighted at time of conception. Prison and fines to both person who used, and allowed copies (forum) up to $500,000.00 or twice actual damages (I teach this in a military class). Try using Harley Davidson name on something without getting permission (or paying).

Dudes, it is not worth it. Being a photojournalist, and working for military, it would be great if I could just use great music and show my stuff. JUST BE CAREFUL. The forum is great because it is available to so many people. Same ones who have a vested interest in this music and maybe images.

Like I said up front, not trying to pee in your corn flakes, but sharing is great if you own it. You and the owners of this forum shouldn't have to pay fines and chance losing this forum and your freedom to ride free.

Just my 2 cents trying to help.
skip:duh?:

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Someone call the RIAA quick!!!:whatever:

Great video by the way. Thanks for posting.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Beautifully done. It must be getting a ton of hits from this board, because it took forever to fully load onto my machine.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
fourstar said:
Beautifully done. It must be getting a ton of hits from this board, because it took forever to fully load onto my machine.
Thanks everyone. Turned out to be a timely effort with the recent and deep/icy freeze here in the Colorado high country. Getting many hits so sorry for the slower-than-normal download.

Camera108 -- the first couple of pics (the truck) are not mine but made sure they were royalty and copyright free. There were better images available but they were protected one way or the other. The other 100+ images and brief video clips are mine. Like I said, bring the camera often on rides :).

Will respond to others soon!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
71baldboy said:
Well,well......... Sfarson I abso-fu<kin'-lutely loved it!
You know Iam a fan of your work(and for good reason)and that video was fu<kin' superb man.:cheers:
I notice the local Aussie boys in blue nabbed you-How fast were you going?
I look forward to your next instalment.
Ange.
Thanks 71. Looks like the local Aussie boys but I was pulled over in the land of your Kiwi friends :). Following the trip to Melbourne, then Auckland, I toured NZ for four days on the VFR. It thought I would just be given a warning. I was following three Harley riders who were flying. Thought maybe I'd get off for... being from another country, unfamiliar roads, on a rental bike, 117km in a 100, three riders in front who were flying, and so forth. No dice. Mr. Policeman wasn't happy with me. Told me how I could pay it (at a bank) before leaving NZ. Came to about $85 U.S.

Oh well, a fine memory now... as was the Melbourne Cup Day.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
As has already been stated...awsome vid...great work:cheers:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
By the way sfarson, I have one of your pictures you posted a while back as a screen saver. I ain't violaten any of them thar copyrite laws am I....:spank:

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Hey that was great! Toe-tappin', jaw droppin', just plain fun. Love the pics from around the world and the tune. Thanks for all the hard work. Now I gotta rent and ride next time I'm overseas! Was a little to afraid to rent in Hong Kong, it was a little crazy there.

"I've Been Everywhere"

I was totin my pack along the long dusty Winnamucka road
When along came a semi with a high canvas covered load
If your goin' to Winnamucka, Mack with me you can ride
And so I climbed into the cab and then I setteled down inside
He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand
And I said, "Listen! I've traveled every road in this here land!"

I've been everywhere, man
I've been everywhere, man
Crossed the deserts bare, man
I've breatherd the mountain air, man
Travel - I've had my share, man