V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Do it in the woods !
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this forum a couple days ago .Got directed here from ,ready? ,the Iron Indians Forum . They were talking about comments made about Indians from here . They admitted they do the same thing to the Harleys . To each their own.
Got the first Harley,a 71 Superglide in 1972 for $2995 . "Course I was only makin' $2.35 anhour . Choppped it a year later , rode it til '76 .Traded it and my van for a converted schoolbus in Chicago .
Somehow got to Kansas ,got a job and traded the bus for a '66 bagger.
Stripped it and traded the parts for speed parts .Split to Washington state and went through 3 more shovel FLH's .
Hung it up in '91 ,but now it's time to get back in the wind !
Can anybody tell me why FLHP'S are so much cheaper? I've been looking on Walnecks an eBay and they seem to ask less for them .
Enogh for now .Enterprise is on .(yeh ,I'm a Trekkie)

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Welcome back to the "family" Mr Bear.
Glad to see you've found the Forum.
Dont be shy, share, compare, and keep a steady flow of air.
Enjoy.

·
Do it in the woods !
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Dynatherapy.
Just got back from Enterprise land .
As I posted my 1st HD was a Superglide . I think they've changed a bit since'71

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
The design and engineering have coma a long way, but then so have you, but the spirit remains the same.
I absolutely LOVE my Superglide and meeting and enjoying the company of, and exchanging stories with other Enthusiasts such as yourself have made the entire experience one that I will forever endorse to anyone who hears the call of the road. It has become a state of being for me.
I wish you Good fortune and Great times.

·
Do it in the woods !
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back atcha with the good wishes . You're back in PA ? you must work the night shift .

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Naw,,, It seems that I work EVERY shift lately. Im just a Harley Obsessed middle Management stressed out insomniac for the last few weeks. LOL
Actually I should get a few hours in.
Dprice and all the members have gone to great lengths to make this place what it is and I find it to be the BEST stress relief and recreation when Im not riding and I have a few hours to myself. This forum is a true testament to the "Harley Brotherhood"
Again,,, welcome aboard "brother",,, were glad your here.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Don't be shy and look around and ask a few questions. I'm sure you'll find, that there are good people here. DPrice has done an outstanding job on providing us an avenue to get together and exchange ideas and stories. J.T.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome to the forum MRBEAR, I won't bore you with my compliments of the site and folks. I'll just say stop and post often!

·
Do it in the woods !
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fearnot69,thanks for the welcome.
I have a nephew that's going to school in Germany.I'll find out where and get back to ya.
hogg831,by your signature I'm guessing your a Vet .In '69 I had the pleasure of seeing beautiful ChuLai by the sea in 'Nam. I was an avionics tech with the USMC.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Welcome aboard, MrBear! Good to know that I'm not the only Trekkie on the board!LOL:D Enjoy yourself here and post often!

·
Do it in the woods !
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks ladies .
deb93fxlr,"Live long and prosper"
harleygirl64 , soft tail,huh? LOL

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
MRBEAR,
Yep, make sure you post in the Vet's Roll Call. I'm retired Army, so is my wife and ole man. Brother was in the Corp, he and the ole man went to 'Nam, neither will discuss much so don't know a lot of the history (of their tour, tours for the ole man). They talk to each other about it but that's about it. I thought it a poignant moment when I saw the a$$hole who represent us on TV basically providing support saddam's position. Reminded me a lot of fonda fiasco. When Rep Johnson made his statement, I found it right on the mark!

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
welcome to the board mr bear. glad you made your way back. hope you enjoy yourself here. these are a great group of people;)

·
Do it in the woods !
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love those email alerts . What a place to live ! Last time I got to go was back in '82 . Is it kind of weird to watch your town transform every year?
Maybe I'll get there in '03 , I sure hope so .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts