V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be going into the primary to replace the inner primary and clutch hub bearing. Does anyone have a recommendation for a bearing R&R kit/setup. Basic, expandable or all inclusive. I figure it's time to grow my toolbox a little more.
I'll also be going with the BDL Compensator and Rotor upgrade while I'm in there as well as replacing the stator. I figure to do everything at once.
2010 TC 103 FLHTK

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I use a press for those, maybe look into one of those cheap harbor freight bench top presses. Research here the precautions you should take for the clutch hub bearing.

·
Super Moderator
19,401 Posts
I'll be going into the primary to replace the inner primary and clutch hub bearing. Does anyone have a recommendation for a bearing R&R kit/setup. Basic, expandable or all inclusive. I figure it's time to grow my toolbox a little more.
I'll also be going with the BDL Compensator and Rotor upgrade while I'm in there as well as replacing the stator. I figure to do everything at once.
2010 TC 103 FLHTK

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
The primary bearing can be done with almost any decent bearing set.

This is what I do them with.

The clutch hub bearing is a little more trouble. Unless you know that your press is perpendicular you need a dedicated press set to guide and hold it all in line as you press.

You can see all the bits and pieces in this thread.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/transmission-primary/511506-another-clutch-fxr.html

As for the anything else.....

Have a good look at the stator pins in the regulator. Cycle Electric Inc makes a nice stator and an improved regulator.

Do measure the run out on the sprocket shaft. If its out there in the .006 to 010 range, like many are. Then you need to think about what comp you'll run. I would measure it and if hi, speak with BDL first.

On the primary bearing, you need tools to pull the inner race and reinstall it. Georges Garage on them. DO NOT BEAT THE RACE BACK ON WITH A HAMMER.

And while you are there, check the play on the main drive gear, and then the main shaft. Be sure that the splines are still in all there in the clutch hub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts