V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have been searching to find a top quality beach bar for a '06 RK Classic. to date, i have found bars from wild1, white bros (burly bars), and cyclesmiths. are there any other makers out there that i am forgetting when it comes to beach bars?

anyone have an opinion on the 3 mentioned above? the wild1's are not as wide as the other two (36.5" vs 38+"), but share close rise and pullback lengths.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
I have White Bros. beachs on my RKC. If you get WB bars, I would not get the 1 1/4 ones. They will be very close to your gas gauge when you turn the bars all the way to the right and possibly crease it if you push down on the bar with it turned. The only way to prevent this is to turn the bars up so the grips are level or even with the ends pointing slightly up. Irregardless, with whatever bar you choose, go ahead and replace the rubber handlebar bushings with poly ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beach bars

I have the Harley 36' beach bar and very happy with it. Also has holes to hide the wires for a clean look.

Its 1 1/4 inch thick and the part number is 56855-05

·
drinker of fine ales
273 Posts
Just put 36" wide WB Bikini beach bars on my RKC. Stock, that's right, stock cables and brake line. Added 8" wire extentions to run thru the bars, had to drill my own holes. Ground off a fraction of the bottom of the upper clamps to really keep them in their place. The extra leverage of the bars can make them seem loose so make sure they're torqued to specs. Less than half the price of Wild 1's.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Yep, bikini's can use stock cables and brake lines. The regular beachs only need brake lines. You can re-route the clutch/throttle cables to get the extra slack you need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got a set of so called beach bars off my 05 RK Custom that I'm willing to give away!
I was thinking about mounting them to my powerwasher, thats where they belong!
Anyone want them come and gettum, I anit shippin chit!
Located here 60913.
Gene

1 - 9 of 9 Posts