V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here in sunny CA the big pimp thing is spinner hubcaps. only problem is the give you a false sense of movement on cars and trucks. I nailed my brakes hard the other day and took evasive action on a car that was sitting at a stoplight. he was sitting still but his spinners were going and my eye caught the movment. did have people wondering wtf I was doing....

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
You do bring up a good topic. They are eye catching, but decieving also! Thanks for sharing...

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Carrie said:
You do bring up a good topic. They are eye catching, but decieving also! Thanks for sharing...
And in my opinion, look like crap.

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
This is a good example of how language changes over time.

For a younger biker, a spinner is a decorative wheel.

For a biker my age, a "spinner" is a petite little woman.

However, the title of your thread, "Be careful with spinners" is good advice no matter what jargon you use.

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
The Tourist said:

However, the title of your thread, "Be careful with spinners" is good advice no matter what jargon you use.
I have to agree with you Tourist, I was thinking of the latter spinner when this thread caught my eye.....

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Jeez! And I thought he was referring to the singing group!

One of a kind....love or fairy tale..............

·
Registered
958 Posts
The Tourist said:

LOVE SPINNERS!

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
IMO: Spinners = guetto fabulous

Looked good for the first year they were out, now its just over used. They even sell spinner hub caps at PepBoys now. Thats hub caps, not rims. Also when I saw my first Taxi-cab with spinners, I couldn't stop laughing.

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
The Tourist said:
It's even better when you can fasten them to a low hanging ceiling fan and just lay there and enjoy... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Spinner....

·
Registered
260 Posts
I thought this was going to be a thread about how children are getting their fingers broken off in these.

Daddy pulls into the driveway and gives mamma a hug after a hard days work. Lil' Timmy Toddler sees the spinning wheels...inserts fingers...SNAP!

I saw it in a news story.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Spinner hubcaps, now that sounds sick! :clap: :clap: I have noticed a few custom bikes out here with them, I like them better on bikes.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sam03FLHRI said:
I thought that was a neckers knob or a brody knob:wootdnc:
It's "knuckle buster" or "trucker's ball" around here.
Once I called it "Sternum Impaler". This was after a SUDDEN stop.

I install them on my backhoes whenever a new one is delivered. They allow quick maneuvering around tight jobsites.

·
Closet Doof
30 Posts
I don't know what they're called, has anybody seen the opposite of spinners? They're weighted to prevent spinning at any speed. No matter how fast the car goes, it looks like it's standing still.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
petrock said:
IMO: Spinners = guetto fabulous

Looked good for the first year they were out, now its just over used. They even sell spinner hub caps at PepBoys now. Thats hub caps, not rims. Also when I saw my first Taxi-cab with spinners, I couldn't stop laughing.
Hey, I've even seen them on minivans.

·
Registered
47 Posts
newnaustin said:
I don't know what they're called, has anybody seen the opposite of spinners? They're weighted to prevent spinning at any speed. No matter how fast the car goes, it looks like it's standing still.
I have seen them and I think they actually are kind of cool looking. I wouldn't have them on any of my trucks though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts