V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BDL is another company that I purchased hand controls through Wally`s Wankers and there are no wiring instructions with these units.

I emailed BDL and they refered me to WirePlus who apparently are in bed with BDL.

I did not like being sent to someone else about BDL`s product when I only requested to know how the switches operated.

Wireplus did not bother to respond but both BDL and Wireplus swapped emails about me and all I recieved were snide remarks from BDL and zero help from Wireplus.

Wireplus gives the impression on their web site that you need to purchase their relays etc to get the switches to work from 400 dollars and above.

Very fortunateley my HD Dealership were again happy to help me out and supply all the required items to get me on my way......................

So, so much for BDL`s service.....................

Just a pity as I wanted to do this myself, take pictures and put up on the forum to show others a "how to" for BDL`s controls but no point any further..............

Ozzie

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
hey.. sounds like you aint' doing so well....I try not to buy anything I can't see first. Costa a tad more, but it cuts down on your problems.. Hope it all turns out well, I read the PM one too.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it has been stress full bro!........lost the most important runs in the middle East because I purchased these products and got no service........got to get positive.....I get my bike back tonight................sort of calms just to look at her hmmm!

Cant show pics publicly cause no way am I going to promote any of those that caused me problems.......................

Ride Safe Ozzie

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That rep at BDL is one stupid [email protected]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I caved in and got my shop to fit the hand controls and wire everything up as I have run out of time here, and the only problem they faced was that the push buttons that WIREPLUS issues for the kit had 2 sizes of tab connectors on the switches so they fit one side and soldered the other, but the strange part is that at least on my 2004 FXSTI, everything works as is according to the shop here.......AND NO ADDITIONAL SWITCH RELAYS WERE NEEDED AFTER ALL!

So why did he send me such stupid comments???? just doesnt make sense to pizz your customers off.............guess WIREPLUS are not telling BDL the complete truth here!! ha! ha! ha!, what a joke!

Ah well I am happier today I can tell you!!.........Ozzie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts