V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering installing the EVO-900 on my '02 Softail. Looks like a pretty well made unit. Anybody installed one of these? Feedback / comments appreciated.
DLR

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jockeyshift,
Was the problem/malfunction caused by a MFGR's defect, (BDL's), in the first place? Is the kit they want to sell me for my TC88 '02 Softail going to need any machining to fit/work properly? (I too like the idea of the outer support bearings, and won't install one without them).

Not sure I completely understand what happened and why, to you.
Excellent photo shoot and description.

Would like a little more information and advice.

Thanks,
DLR

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for your mis-fortune....I have been educated. Thanks!
DLR

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm about to write the check for the EVO-900 that has the outer support bearings....

Shame, my new comp sprocket/clutchbasket, primary chain and Barnett extra disc carbon fiber clutch has all of 15 miles on it...Wish the ole brain had decided on the belt drive before I spent the money with HD for all this 3.37 gearing stuff.. Guess I might try the V-Twin Classifieds or there's always Ebay.

JockeyShift...What is the primary gearing with the belt drive? I'm running the stock 32 tooth trans sprocket and the stock 70 tooth pulley, (ie; 3.37 gearing now).

What will the "final gearing" be after the change to the BDL belt drive?

Thanks,
DLR

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JS,
Thanks for doing the math...Damn formula was around here some where...LOL!! Really had no idea how many teeth were on each cog...
Thanks for your help.
DLR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.