V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another beautiful, clear, sunny day in the upper 50's here in Northern California. A group of 7 bikes to include yours truly set out from Pleasanton shortly before 11 this morning and made our way into San Jose and onto southbound highway 17 towards Santa Cruz. We exited on Bear Creek Rd and proceeded up into the hills on some sick twisty roads and made a quick stop in Boulder Creek to regroup. We then proceeded on 236 towards Big Basin State Park and snaked along narrow roads through the redwoods until we got to Skyline Blvd. Headed south on Skyline to Alice's Restaurant for some lunch and some bike talk with the many motorcyclists out enjoying the day. We then took Hwy 84 west to the coast and then north to Half Moon Bay, all the while basked in the mid-afternoon sun. A right turn on eastbound Hwy 92 and a quick trip over the San Mateo Bridge, and we were on our way home! All told, approximately 230 miles for the day. Life is GOOD!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I see you opted for a different ride. I have been on most of the roads you took. I was looking out the window often this weekend, wishin I was out on a ride myself. I'm trying to finish a full house remodel by the end of Febuary, so I'm sacraficing my weekends now, for warmer(and longer) ones this spring and summer. Glad to hear it went well:chopper:

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
stratslingr77,

Put up some pics of your rides in Northern CA. My wife is from the Bay area, and the pics from the Hedlands, and Mt. Tam in your gallery puts a smile on our faces. A nice day, great ride, and a couple of brews from Sam's Anchor Cafe, then dinner at Guaymas...good times. Thanks!

Thorns

·
Registered
906 Posts
I am just inland about 40 mins from San Fran. I have found through the years that a ride over to the coast, and then traveling north or south, can always be an adventure. It seems like the weather can change easily so a person better be ready, but I think that's part of the allure. Not only is it beautiful scenery, but a little bit of "let's see what the weather is like today"
Nothing like a good beer and and a bowl of clam chowder for a break.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Southbay Bomber said:
Now this ride I would have done. I love riding over to Santa Cruz and most definitely like Skyline. Keep us posted for the next ride.
You got it, Southbay. Hey, I noticed you're from Fremont. I interviewed with their Police Department today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts