V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a removable batwing for my 04 Road King Classic. Not really interested in having a radio set up.

Thanks for your help!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
If you want to save a few bucks and don't mind an empty shell on the inside, check out http://www.mckayscyclecreations.com/

hit the products button on the top left and are quick detach fairing kits for both Softail and RoadKing. $200 bucks for the bracket kit and around $250 for a brand new fairing outer shell from HD (it's an older fl shell). You'll have to paint it, but that's no different from the others.. but the look is better to my eye. The aftermarket fairings all seem to sit up too high and look funny. As you can see from the attached pic, Mckay's looks real nice... On the site they have pics from behind so you can see the empty shell (doesn't bother me a bit).

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
nice

that kit McCoys builds is pretty nice. Easy on the pocketbook , too.
The dragonfly units are really nice but pretty pricey. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I picked up a batwing fairing from a shovelhead electraglide off ebay($80). I also got a used RK windshield and brackets (scrounged for free...it was scratched and was in a bone yard at the local dealer) and mounted the batwing to it. It works great. Gonna get it painted to match my King this next summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts