V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Save yourself some money and don't buy from the dealer. I get 4-6 years out of my batteries. Occasionally use a tender when winter sets in and I can't ride for a few weeks.

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
Batteries Plus. com has good batteries and it will be delivered to your doorstep. I had a heritage that the battery has started it for 4 yrs knock on wood. My latest battery on the trike is an Auto Zone always had good service with these too.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
I prefer Harley batteries,, but I get a good % off list price..
generally go about 4 years before they get weak,,, I had one go 10 years,, that was a fluke.. the reason I use them is the terminals are solid lugs,, big engines melt the posts in the batteries with the nuts inside the terminals...
I do not use trifle chargers,, my bike is pre security system, pre electronic wizardy,, so the inboard parasitic drains done exist for me... personally I would not own one of the newer electronic nightmare bikes,, I hate the infotainment screen in the dashboard..

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Average about 5 years. I pull them and keep them in a warm space over the winter months..

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
I average 3 years I think. My bike is 10 years old and it's the third battery. I use a trickle charger over the Winter as the bike sleeps from late November until April most years. The Harley batteries are good and I've also had good luck with Autozone batteries.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I go stir crazy if I don't get at least one ride in a month. October - March, bike is parked on carpet, tender plugged in, and Sta-Bil in the tank with each fill up.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The heat, not the cold, is a battery's worst enemy. Down here in FL, two years is about all you'll get out of a battery.
But, you actually get to use it for those two years. Up here the bike just sits for four months out of twelve!

Sent from my coal burning bag phone using Tapatalk

·
In disguise
2,722 Posts
I replace mine every three years. I got stranded in the middle of nowhere once with a dead battery, so I’m willing to risk/justify replacing too often. Cheap insurance to me.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Never gets too hot to ride! That's an oxymoron...like,
Too much fun,
A girl is too pretty,
Car is too fast,
Too much money,
You get the drift?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Never gets too hot to ride! That's an oxymoron...like,
Too much fun,
A girl is too pretty,
Car is too fast,
Too much money,
You get the drift?

Yup. Faster you go the cooler it feels.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts