V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 03 Ultra. Was looking for good idea's on where to route the cable connector. ( The one that permantly connects to the battery)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Saw a thread on mounting a cigarette lighter in the saddlebag and just plugging the tender in like an accessory. Perm. mount for any accessory 12v item.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have mounted 2 tenders, 1 one a heritage and 1 on a '76 super glide. i came out from under the the seat and tied it off to the frame behind the seat on both bikes. you have to look real close to see it.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Bring the wire out under the support plate under the seat. You'll notice a few openings on it. Use a black cable tie on a couple of these to hold the wire stable so wind doesn't flap it. When not in use with the end cap on it, it can hardly be seen. Make sure it's short enough so it doesn't reach to exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Mine hangs about 2 or 3 inches out the left side of the seat between the frame and in the summer I tuck it up between the seat and frame. You can't see it at all. The exposed contact is the negative terminal.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I routed the cable down the right side of frame and wire tied it to frame just along side my oil fill cap on motor when it's not in use it tucks in there real nice.remove your frame side cover and wire tie it to the frame there also.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
mrsnipy said:
I routed the cable down the right side of frame and wire tied it to frame just along side my oil fill cap on motor when it's not in use it tucks in there real nice.remove your frame side cover and wire tie it to the frame there also.

...........so did I, my intent was to post a pic and decide what the hell - some one will describe it..........:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
What is the diff between the junior and the plus? and what does everyone recommend?

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
........not sure Hoss - only have seen the Junior............

UPDATE: Hoss, the tender plus if it the same one I found, is a larger unit but appears to have the same features as the junior (at least the MFG statement lead you to believe that)...........

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Hoss said:
What is the diff between the junior and the plus? and what does everyone recommend?
The power output of the Junior is less than the Plus. Go to www.batterytender.com, then the Technical Home section under Information. There is a FAQ there in addition to other info.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Ed Y said:

The power output of the Junior is less than the Plus. Go to www.batterytender.com, then the Technical Home section under Information. There is a FAQ there in addition to other info.
......Thanks Ed. I missed that VERY important spec in my haste to assist...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thank you! It sounds like the junior will do fine.

·
Registered
174 Posts
FYI, I emailed battery tender and this was there reply...I told them I had an 02 ultra

With the high compression of your motor, it would be best to have the battery charged to its best condition. The Battery Tender Plus will keep your battery in top shape. Attached is a comparison.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Good info, Hoss. I reckon that's why I've always used the Battery Tender not the Junior.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I've been using the Junior for a couple of years now inside my garage without any problems.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Under the seat there's a 3" hole just go thru that.

·
Registered
360 Posts
FWIW..
Don't reccomend connecting the tender all the time when not riding.. maybe once a week to top off the charge... I've had them kill a battery after just a year... if you ride and use it a few times a week there is really no reason to keep it pluged in and charging all the time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts