V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I go... Battery's are Not kind to me.. Tho, I have heard tell that the Chief or maybe all 111's are hard on batteries.
By Research, I have determined that a YTX20-HL, is what I want.
Now, to me that is a SuperGlide Battery [old ones like Shovelheads] except... I Thought "HL" was opposite Posts...
I would just go take a Look... but the Ass Hats at Polaris, have hidden the Battery pretty well, and of course... put it Underneath, one of the Most critical [and Probably expensive] components they gots... Pricks.
So... Rant over... Who has replaced their Battery on the 111's???

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
... but the Ass Hats at Polaris, have hidden the Battery pretty well, and of course... put it Underneath, one of the Most critical [and Probably expensive] components they gots... Pricks.
They do that on cars now, too.

Not that info helps you in any way.

Sent from my 2 Tin Cans With A String using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do that on cars now, too.

Not that info helps you in any way.

Sent from my 2 Tin Cans With A String using Tapatalk
Holy ****...Do I know that... looked for an hour under the hood of the kids' car for the battery... I think maybe I have identified the Engine... can't tell if it is Internal Combustion for sure or not!!

And turns out... thanks to the kids internet phone... the damn battery has escaped the crowded conditions under the hood, in favor of the damn trunk!!!
Now, Where ya suspect ya put yer Luggage?????

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Here I go... Battery's are Not kind to me.. Tho, I have heard tell that the Chief or maybe all 111's are hard on batteries.
By Research, I have determined that a YTX20-HL, is what I want.
Now, to me that is a SuperGlide Battery [old ones like Shovelheads] except... I Thought "HL" was opposite Posts...
I would just go take a Look... but the Ass Hats at Polaris, have hidden the Battery pretty well, and of course... put it Underneath, one of the Most critical [and Probably expensive] components they gots... Pricks.
So... Rant over... Who has replaced their Battery on the 111's???
Battery on my previously loved '15 Vintage I bought over the past summer is stuffed in there pretty good, under the damn 'puter. Bike starts ok but I don't know if it's the original or not. When I feel froggy I'll dig it out and see if I can see a manufacture date on it. If'n I believe replacement is warranted I'm thinking one of those 500CCA Wicked Starts, or maybe a Yuasa.

I know, no help at all... sorry :duh2:

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery on my previously loved '15 Vintage I bought over the past summer is stuffed in there pretty good, under the damn 'puter. Bike starts ok but I don't know if it's the original or not. When I feel froggy I'll dig it out and see if I can see a manufacture date on it. If'n I believe replacement is warranted I'm thinking one of those 500CCA Wicked Starts, or maybe a Yuasa.

I know, no help at all... sorry :duh2:
OH... I believe [hope] it takes the same battery as the Harleys [SuperGlides & FXRs & Softatails]..
Hoping so Anyway!! I keep an "Extra" about, Because 1]I do Not take care of them, and 2] because I buy Cheap ones!!!:laugh:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thi sis the one I have in my 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse , after the Starter was showing a bit of a struggle starting even on a warm Morning coming off the Tender at Peak Voltage .. Starts Right Up at all Times Now even at 30 F ..

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts