V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up one of those newer battery box covers. Man I was disapointed to see that cheap vynl decal on the bottom. It even has a few air bubbles in the decal. Anyone ever peal it off ?? I guess I am going to have to get it painted. I think the lines on it go well with the Thunderheader on my bike.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
I would say NEVER change the stock, all chrome, battery cover of an FX for one of those newfangled fancy pieces of shiite!! Personal choice but why bother? Some things are best left alone. The FX battery cover is one of them. The one I have has the slot in it but only because they shipped the wrong one. I would rather have the plain, all chrome, flat cover.

Semper Fi,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
P.S. You might want to get a Torque Arm with the power you are putting out.
Man, that is one SWEET looking piece of machinery. I'd love to take that thing on a romp from one light to another...about a half mile.....scarey I bet. I have a Carlini Torque Arm and can feel the difference it makes.

Semper Fi,
Steve....Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hotshot, some of those battery boxes have a protective film over the decal. Is it possible that the air bubbles are between the film and decal? :dunno:

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Yep..very possible. My new cell phone had the same plastic over it. Looked great once I removed it. No more bubbles. My new microwave oven had it too.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Prky Pg said:
Hotshot, some of those battery boxes have a protective film over the decal. Is it possible that the air bubbles are between the film and decal? :dunno:
Yeah I pulled that off. I maybe to picky my daughter says I am Munkish

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
steveusmc said:
P.S. You might want to get a Torque Arm with the power you are putting out.
Man, that is one SWEET looking piece of machinery. I'd love to take that thing on a romp from one light to another...about a half mile.....scarey I bet. I have a Carlini Torque Arm and can feel the difference it makes.

Semper Fi,
Steve....Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003
Thanks man it is going to get even better as we speak I am gearing it down a bit. Should really crank then I am going to a 30 tooth pulley. I had to take the primary apart anyway as I had a small leak that was driving me crazy.
Carlini Torque Arm ?? Never had heard of it. I looked at it on their web site interesting I am a sucker for that type of stuff. Thanks Again

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
hotshotfxdl
The TQ arm was for EVOs because the Trans to Engine mount was not as solid as it could be. You have a TC so there is no need for one, your Trans is very solidly bolted to the motor.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LittleBear said:
hotshotfxdl
The TQ arm was for EVOs because the Trans to Engine mount was not as solid as it could be. You have a TC so there is no need for one, your Trans is very solidly bolted to the motor.
Thanks I realized it after I did some research on the subject I was surprised that I hadnt heard of them before but I am always learning.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
LittleBear said:
hotshotfxdl
Yep...and if I had been thinking before I spoke I may have done some research too. I didn't know that the TC tranny bolted up on the right side also. Thanks Littlebear. Sorry for misleading you Hotshot.

Steve

·
Registered
483 Posts
if your'e talking about the hd cover with the nike swoosh in black, I bought the same one and it had bubbles in it too. I peeled it off and used wd-40 to clean off the glue. I thought the black paper made it look cheap any way. Actually I would rather have the chrome stock one but they want an arm and a leg for the top piece. Mine was black, too much black on the fxdx for my taste.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
JimT
Check out J&P Cycles for a chrome battery cover without paying HD dealer ridiculous mark up.

Here's for battery boxes/covers: GREAT prices. This is where I bought mine.

http://www.jpcycles.com/search.aspx?search=battery+cover&store=Harley

Here's for the catalog and you can search around:

http://www.jpcycles.com/index.aspx?AffiliateID=986&engine=adwords!5835&keyword=%28jp+cycles%29&match_type=

Good luck. J&P has EVERYTHING you can ever need and very good shipping times.

Semper Fi,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Registered
483 Posts
Steve, thanks for the tip. I have ordered from j&p a few times and they send me their catalogs but the $45.00 for the swoosh was kind of hard to pass up. Hotshot, what are you going to do with your take offs? Probably not worth all the shipping but I have a bead blast cabnet and I think I still have some gloss black chromabase that I could spray. Not rattle can.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts