V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw the new Bassani Pro Streets with turn outs on Bassani East's web site but the picture wasn't taken at a very good angle. Anyone have better shots of these new pipes? I was just about to pull the trigger on the Pro Streets for my FXSTI but now I need to consider this new look. How about their performance and tone?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Doesn't their website suck?
I would have loved a set of Pro Streets, simple and different., I even like the new turn out design, but I won't touch them with a ten foot pole. If you intend to buy chrome, Bassani doesn't use a full heat shield. The pipes will turn yellow after the partial (extra cost) heat shield runs out..
Such a nice pipe, and such a stupid, cheapskate design to not insure the buyer a nice, clean chrome finish that will last.

Here's what you'll get..

http://www.hogpro.com/imagebox.php?name=pic/gallery1-pic156.jpg

If yellowing or blueing doesn't matter to you, then it's the burning of your right leg that will. Aside from that, they are a nice pipe..

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Well George! you might ought to get your facts straight, the first bike is MY ride and the Pro's on it are STAINLESS STEEL! the second bike has some kind of Samson power flow 2-1, NOT even Pro's!. the SS pros will turn gold BUT you can polish them out and they look new again, can't do that with chrome. also I have a set of the chrome one's that have the heatshields and they didn't turnafter the first step and the heatshields covered that. Have a Nice Day. Chewy

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
You are right, and I apologize for the second pic. I should have looked closer.
With that said, they all still seem to yellow, and that's just my personal observations. ALL single wall pipes will yellow or blue at some point, and that's just the facts.. All it takes is just one hot day, stuck in traffic without air cooling them..
If someone loves the pipes enough to keep up with the maintenence, then they are a nice looking deal.
I'm too anal for that, and I won't have a yellow pipe on my ride....

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
No biggie, everybody has different taste's, if we didn't we would be all running around with the same bike, pipes, build....etc, that would be boring. Chewy

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I'm going to order the Pro Street tuen outs in black tomorrow. What do yall think about the sound of them? I read that they have removable baffles. What do they sound like w/ and w/o baffles? How are they on power?

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
One thing is for sure, the Pro Streets are suppose to be the best performing 2 into 2 system available.

Baffles in or out?
Well, since they are suppose to be a great performer, I wouldn't mess with success.
Like I said above, I LUV the simple look of the pipe, and they are something you don't see everyday. Damn, I just wish they would develop a complete heat shield and I would own a set tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
They are on the loud side, I wouldn't take the baffles out of mine, don't think I could stand it. It would also leave a big hole in the midrange on most builds. the ones with the turn-out may not have baffles? don't know. I would personaly like them a little quieter and have talked with Tom at NCC about their 2" baffles but he said they were more for the Evo and sporster motors and said that on a 95" motor they would hurt the power and maybe be louder because they speed up the velocity of the exhaust. I don't know about all that but he should know more about their pipes than me. people ask all the time if I made those pipes and if they "were somekind of sawed-off shotguns" and I just say "nope, thats the way they came" Chewy

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Thanks for the help. I was going to order a set today, but NCC was closed today. I got so excited I forgot it was monday. lol Well I hope they're open tomorrow..........Chewy did you get your pipes from NCC? How where they on shiping, cost and time? :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I received some additional pictures from Bassani East today - they look pretty damn cool. Sure wish I could see and hear them in person. The turn-outs are $485.00 versus the standards at $429.00.

NightDog - be sure and report out on your experience.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
63 Posts
One way that you won't have to worry about blueing is to order them in black! Thats what I did. My only complaint is that when your sitting at a light you feel like you leg is being cooked like a steak. I'm going to heat wrap mine up to the last step, hopefully that will help some. On another note. When I ordered mine it took me almost 3 months to get them. I think they were backordered at the time. I was going to choose a different set up because I was sick of waiting, but the wait was worth it. They sound great w/ baffles, I run them without, and the are LOUD. I did recently did do a 95 in. build and am going to need baffles, but not sure what to do. I might use big city thunder baffles, I think I will need to do some research to see what setup will work best with my build.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I got mine from Tom when they were about 360.00 for them I think they have went up, the shipping wasn't bad, 15-20 bucks or so for cali to NC. Chewy

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Holeshot, the standard baffle will probably be the best from what I have gathered from Tom and others that run them. Chewy

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Krooners doesn't show them...who is Tom?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If your Pro Streets are bluing past the heat shields you have major tuning problems. I ran mine for one month before i installed my shields and they only turned a very light gold up to the first step and the sheilds cover way past that. The sound and performance is top notch. Heres a pic of my ProStreets.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Nice bike wolfrider. I ordered the pipes on tues from NCC. They said I was the first one to order the turn outs in black. Its an extra $200 for black which pushed them up to $699+$25 ship. They told me It will be 10 days before they can ship them out to me (They have to send them off to get coated). I'll let yall know how they turn out when they get here. See yall at Datona! :cheers:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
nightdog said:
Nice bike wolfrider. I ordered the pipes on tues from NCC. They said I was the first one to order the turn outs in black. Its an extra $200 for black which pushed them up to $699+$25 ship. They told me It will be 10 days before they can ship them out to me (They have to send them off to get coated). I'll let yall know how they turn out when they get here. See yall at Datona! :cheers:
Pics...we need pics!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts