V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard today at an independent shop that bassani power curve was junk as he preceded to sell me v&h true duals which I know are good . So the question is has anyone used the bassani power curve on 06 glide ? I also am thinking Krome Works (daytona) but equal length headers have always made more power on v-8s am I wrong?

·
Registered
17 Posts
bassani power curve

I installed bassani's power curve true duals and am very satisfied with them. Really enhanced the sound, too. I have an 01 road king with a power commander and i had to re-map but it was well worth it.

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
Have a set on my RK. I like them. Nothing to compare against for performance, but stock. I just like the look and enjoy being in the minority on rides where 50% have Rineharts.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Header length is only one part of the equation. Another significant part is the resisitence introduced by forcing the air to change direction. A 30" header with few non-drastic bends will flow entirely different from a 30" header with few, but much more drastic bends. Just take a look at how different port angle jobs on heads make huge differences in the flow #'s which become exacerbated as the lift's increase. Bassani's "holy grail" claim of equal length headers, with the inference that the flow characteristics from each header pipe is equal because of length, is nothing more than marketing which fools the ignorant. Bassani's are not bad header pipes; but they are no better than other 1 3/4" tru-dual header pipes.

·
Habitual **************.
234 Posts
Bedemonster made a great point. Equal length does'nt mean equal flow. I dyno tested some handbuilt equal length duals a while back. There are some gains to be had in the very bottom of the powerband with a smooth flowing right side exit, equal length rear headpipe, Softail style. As soon a you tie it in a knot with a 2" radius just past the port, and shoot it out the left side, the gain is pretty much canceled out.
RB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts