V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, I just installed Bassani 4 inch slip-ons including there Power Curve header on my 06 Street Glide and what a great sound.I know there are alot options out there but I am smiling every time I ride down the road.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Bassanis Road Rage

Same here, Basanis 2-1 great sound on stock motor. Gained some ponies and tq. but mainly Im real happywith the no heat on the thighs. SERT, Road Rage and SEAC. Useing the 2.5 in loveured baffle.
I Enjoy the loads of compimants on the sound you will too:banana:

·
Registered
17 Posts
bassani

congratulations. I also have the same set up on my 01 road king. I also have a power commander installed and checked on the dyno after my bassani install. I increased ten horsepower over stock headpipes with screamin eagle slip ons. And the bassani's sound much better. But I modidied the bassani baffle for more sound, and it works for me.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I am also running the Powercurves with the megaphone mufflers on my RK Custom and have been very pleased with the performance over stock. The only thing I don't like is that the mufflers extend out past the saddle bags a little more than I would like and I have them adjusted in as far as they will go. But, I'm getting used to it.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
todd comer said:
Hello friends, I just installed Bassani 4 inch slip-ons including there Power Curve header on my 06 Street Glide and what a great sound.I know there are alot options out there but I am smiling every time I ride down the road.
Do you still have the Bassani headers and pipes? Do you still like them? do you have the ECM reprogram? SE breather? Any blueing or discoloring of the pipes. I have the same bike and want the same setup. Just trying to decide what path to take. Thanks

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
mellowinmg with age

EVLYWN I have to say yes to all your inquireies. There is however no bluing due to silver ceramic paint.coating on outside, it is also ceramic coated on the inside. Slight yellow mellow coloring just after the wye, and slightly noticebal a few inches past the wye heat shield.

I also looked into D D Fat Cat 2-1, real nice looking with few negetives but choise the Bas. for the ceramic and no heat on iner thighs thing.

Hope this helps.

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
El Mongo said:
The only thing I don't like is that the mufflers extend out past the saddle bags a little more than I would like and I have them adjusted in as far as they will go. But, I'm getting used to it.
That feature saved me when I got rear ended! Pipes and headers took the brunt of the force and I had absolutely no other major damage to the bike. It did bend the rear light bar slightly but no tin damage.

I bought a new set and put them right back on. I was tempted to try something new but I just love the Bassani's.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What did you say???

I'm considering the BASSANI power curve headers with the HO megaphones (2.5" core).
1. Has anyone here installed this combo on a touring bike with the factory Stereo/CB?

2. Any problems hearing the stereo/CB after that?

3. On long trips was the exhaust noise annoying? Ears ringing? Buzz?

4. Since I'm close to the Gulf (salt air and humidity) I'm concerned about longevity of the chrome plating. For you long term owners, has the chrome rusted and pitted on you?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been told on the streetgide you need to buy the race tuner to properly remap,is that true or is the dealer just trying to get more $$$$ out of me,thanks......Tim

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Angleflights, do you ride a bagger? Also does the collector have a weld bead about 6 inches fro the rear? also looking for the best deal on a RR. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
weld bead

compressor ther is a weld bead but its coverd by the heat shield, You have to look hard for the weld bead at the 1st. front cylnder heat shield by the rt. foot board. That is a bend area where the heat shield has an opening around 2.5 in"

·
Registered
25 Posts
todd comer said:
I wanted to do the same set up, power curve and the megs.
My question is what did you do? the dealer down load or the sert,
(screaming eagle race tuner)?

Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
What you do

If you have future plans on a 1550 0r larger engine and want the rev limiter increase then I say go for the SERT. I got it for 379.00 includeing tax. One set back is you cannot live tune it, but I dont see haw that much matters because the ECM in the bike adjust is perameters to optimal fuel deliveries. The power comander III alows live tuning and is boasted as the perfectionest for squeezing out the HP. ( no rev limeter increase.) I can Tune my bike with SERT all I want and have controll of all the perametres in the ECM Around 15 total I thind . The power Commander give you three perateter to adjust. Any thing more back to the tunerer and more dough.$$ Help this helps.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Acouple of points you guys MAY want to consider. The SERT DOES NOT offer mapping for OEM pipes are air cleaners. So you need toknow what map is closest to what you want to do with after market stuff. Also as you mention the SERT needs a dyno (and an experienced dyno operator) to make you combination of changes work the best for you.

The PC can be mapped by making incremental changes to the map in your bike which is easily viewed on a computer. On the other hand unless you already have a copy of your maps in oyur computer or on a CD, the SERT Maps that reside in your bike cannot be viewed and changed. You can make new ones form scratch though.

Everybodt has thier bias but in my assessment if you are going to do more things your self the PC is easier and less expensive since it doesn't require the dyno AND you don't pay anything for PC upgrades to their software. Aslo the maps are "upward compatible" to later software releases where the SERT maps are not without an extended manual process.

The BEST WAY TO GO is Daytona Twin-Tech with the dual bung and ECM. The the bike changes itself as you ride it after you have made mods.

Just food for thought.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
my experiences

etyjjjjjj said:
I have been told on the streetgide you need to buy the race tuner to properly remap,is that true or is the dealer just trying to get more $$$$ out of me,thanks......Tim
I have the street glide and installed the Bassani Pro Curve with the 2" core Touring mufflers. They sound great but with the SE breather and the stage 1 download the bike pops real bad on decel. Other than the popping on decel the bike looks, sounds, and runs great. A friend just bought the same bike, installed "big" pipes, breather, and the stage II download and the bike runs great with no popping.
I'm having the BB stage II installed as we speak and will be getting the Stage II race download installed. I'm told by the dealer this combo works well with "Big" pipes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts