V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard either one of these pipes at highway speeds? Don't want to put up with the noise for long trips. Plus I would like to hear the radio occasionally. Looking for something a little quiter than V&H basic slipons or SE slipons. My appologies for this question for I read these all the time and I'm sure that some get tired of reading these.
Brian (02 FLHTCUI)

·
Registered
131 Posts
A few of the guys in my club has the Bassain's on Road Kings the sound is awesome very deep sound. I dont know how they sound from the drivers seat tho.

I have the V&H slip on's on my FLHTCUI and have no prob with the stereo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I run the Bassani Slip-On mufflers on my 99 FLHRCI and I like them. Good sound but not too bad on the ears on the highway. The Bassani slip-ons come in 3 flavors regular, -L (loud) and the -RL (really loud). The muffler is BIG 4" dia. and they do stick out in the rear more than most other mufflers. I run mine with the Bassani Power Curve system as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like it alot....now that I am getting used to the look. Sound is great and no damn popping anymore. Performance is good as well.... Not easiest in the world to install but not too bad either...took about 3 hours to remove old stock system and install the Power Curve.

dick - peoples republik of chino

alremc said:
Hey CHINORIDER, how do you like that Power Curve?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I've looked at the Bassani slipons for my RK. When ordering, how do you know which one is normal, loud, and real loud? I only thought that you got one choice. I've looked at them on North County Customs. Got part numbers for each? Thanks in advance. J.T.

·
Registered
18 Posts
fearnot69 said:
I've looked at the Bassani slipons for my RK. When ordering, how do you know which one is normal, loud, and real loud? I only thought that you got one choice. I've looked at them on North County Customs. Got part numbers for each? Thanks in advance. J.T.
I got mine direct for Bassani (long story) but if you add -L or - RL to the part number you will get the corresponding baffle. no dash = normal. Mine are the - L and they are just about right for my taste. Contact North County Customs and they should be able to give you the info.

dick - peoples republiK of chino

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have bassani "Bad Bagger" 4" slip ons on my Road King. I love the sound, very deep, not tooo loud. The quality seems very goos and fit was great.

I had HD screamin Eagle slip ons (the louder ones) and the Bassini are maybe a c hair quieter. I have a stage 1 kit including re flash (efi bike) and didi not re flash for the Bassini. If i had to guess, i would say bike was faster with the HD pipes, but not sure. It runs every bit as smooth.

I have ridden a few faitly long day trips since putting them on (2500 miles in total) and they do not bother me at all. i would highly recommend.

greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts