V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Bassani Pro-Street pipes I got for Christmas and I need some help. I can feel a major loss of low end power. I have not rejetted the carb (still stock settings) and I do have the SE Air cleaner assembly. It almost feels like on take-off it is sputtering and running kind of rough. Is this a normal problem...how do I remedy it? This NEVER happened with my unbaffled longshots.

·
Registered
108 Posts
REMEDY: GAS Have it rejetted by someone that knows what they are doing. Running lean like you are, is just asking to blow a hole in a piston.

·
Registered
335 Posts
you are running WAY LEAN with that short of a wide open pipe. min 170 main jet on 883 sporty 180 main on 1200. basically +2 on your jets minimum. realistically need dyno. also did you get a set of torque cones to help with the back pressure?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok bud, here is the correct method, pull your spark plugs out before doing anything, make note of the color on the porcelain surrounding the center electrode, if it is white you are not getting enough fuel, if its black to much fuel, if its tan you are getting the correct amount of fuel. If you have stock jetts in your carb, change to a 46 intermediate jett for sea level. Do not mess with the main jett. More than likely if your carb is stock, your spark plugs will be bone white.

Go ride at hiway speed for 5 miles, pull spark plugs again, make note of color, if you have a tan color, you are good, white go up to a 47, black go to a 45 intermediate.

Good luck bud,
Tom @ LPCycles

btw, what year & model is your ride?

I just installed my Bassani Pro-Street pipes I got for Christmas and I need some help. I can feel a major loss of low end power. I have not rejetted the carb (still stock settings) and I do have the SE Air cleaner assembly. It almost feels like on take-off it is sputtering and running kind of rough. Is this a normal problem...how do I remedy it? This NEVER happened with my unbaffled longshots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts