V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Bassani Pro-Street pipes I got for Christmas and I need some help. I can feel a major loss of low end power. I have not rejetted the carb (still stock settings) and I do have the SE Air cleaner assembly. It almost feels like on take-off it is sputtering and running kind of rough. Is this a normal problem...how do I remedy it? This NEVER happened with my unbaffled longshots.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Bump up to the next larger jets for both slow and main. Pull the welsch plug and adjust your idle mixture two to three turns out from lightly seated.

The Bassani pipes are of stepped header design, are they not? If so, they have a scavenging effect which makes them extremely free flowing. You've probably induced a lean condition with these pipes.

·
Registered
515 Posts
triple check for exhaust leak out of jugs into header pipe. I'm sure others that are familiar with that particular exhaust system will weigh in soon. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would I check for exhaust leaks out of the jugs? I used the same (stock style) ring-type gasket and mounted them back up...didn't even think about a leak.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I believe you could hold a rag over the exhaust pipe outlet while the engine is idling and look around the jug and exhaust port area and see if there's any exhaust gasses coming from that area.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts