V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I’m reading the BassaniEast web page called "DYNO CHARTS" I get the feeling I’m missing something or they think I’m a tuna fish. The first chart on the page is the Bassani 2 into 1 system. As I read the chart it says, to me, their test reflected a gain in horsepower of 33 @ 2500 RPMs. From 34 to 70. That’s a 105%bncrease. Their measure of torque follows roughly the same pattern. Someone please tell me what I have missed in my interpretation of this chart.

http://www.bassanieast.com/dynocharts.htm

·
Administrator
11,285 Posts
I think you are comparing the Hp to Tq. The dashed lines are a stock harley. The red line is Torque with their exhaust and the Blue line is HP with their exhaust.

At 2500 RPM's the HP difference looks to be a loss of about 3.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
springer- said:
I think you are comparing the Hp to Tq. The dashed lines are a stock harley. The red line is Torque with their exhaust and the Blue line is HP with their exhaust.

At 2500 RPM's the HP difference looks to be a loss of about 3.
Thanks. Yes, the comparable start from the same place on the graph. It looks like there is a distinct advantage over the stock system. I have a stock 883 and Im torn between the cool Pro Streets sound and looks and the performance of their 2-1. Oh, decisions, decisions.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have a tachometer on board. I simply shift when it seems correct for the circumstance. I dont think I have ever hit 4500 rps. Maybe I have and dont know it. Im new to bikes and it seems like there developes a lot of vibration as you climb up there, so I tend not to get up there. Also, Im not used to the motor being 4" from me. It all sort of new. I do notice that I can hear my motor better if I throw my knees out as I ride.

·
Administrator
11,285 Posts
geoffreyt said:
Thanks. Yes, the comparable start from the same place on the graph. It looks like there is a distinct advantage over the stock system. I have a stock 883 and Im torn between the cool Pro Streets sound and looks and the performance of their 2-1. Oh, decisions, decisions.
Remember, those graphs are comparing a STOCK bike with a MODIFIED bike that has Bassani's on it. Those graphs are NOT comparing a Stock VS. Stock w/Bassani's. Nor are they comparing a Modified VS. Modified w/Bassani's.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didnt see that so I went back to look for it as you mentioned it. What kind of comparison is that? Maybe they could put the 2-1 on the Challenger. Ill bet that would be real impressive.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see you are pretty savy. What should I consider as I want to replace the exhaust as a first step. Then to complete stage 1 some time later. Do you have suggestions?

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
Those graphs seem totally useless to me. The only one that even gives any type of comparison is the last one. And the only thing that tells you is that the Rolling Thunder guy was able to tune the bike better.

Nothing against Bassani pipes. I just can't figure what the graphs are supposed to accomplish.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
BassaniEast forgot to tell you that that dyno graph is actually from Branch's website and it compares a stock 88 to a branch modified 95 that just happens to have a Bassani 2-1 pipe on it.
http://www.branchflowmetrics.com/Twincam.html
Branch Performance Package includes the following parts:
Heads: Branch #4
Pistons: Branch / JE 10.5:1 (Available in standard bore 1450 or big bore 1550)
Cams: Branch TC55 w/ Pushrods & Bearings (Available in Chain Drive or Gear Drive)
Carburetor: Mikuni HSR45
Ignition: Dyna TC88-2 Digital Adjustable Ignition

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
John Golden from Rolling Thunder Dyno really likes the Bassani dual headers. Might be one of his specialties for tuning

·
Livin the dream
338 Posts
When I put the bassani road rage system on I noticed a 50hp increase. No not really but it was much better then the 2:2 straight pipes I had before.

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
Yes, Race Pro is the East distributor for Bassani.
I went out to Laughlin a few years ago to do installs for Bassani and Mikuni with Race Pro, Rob is a good guy. I really liked the sound of the Bassani ture duals, even with the odd "bagel toaster" rear headpipe, I put on a ton of those things out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts