V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for handle bars that will come back to fit my short arms? My '03 RK is lowered and ready for a nice long cruise, but I can't stay on her long becuase I'm reaching so far forward for the bars.
The $500.00 :eek: Fat bars are out of the question. Pull back risers are out of the mix because of the way the RK is set up with the nacelle and clamp cover.

Please help. There is nothin' worse than having a hot one ready to go and you can only stay on a short time!!!!!

;)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Sleddog, check out a set of Heritage bars for your RK. They fit nicely for us "vertically challenged" types. And, they are a lot cheaper alternative to most of the aftermarket bars out there. You might be able to find a "take off " set for little $$$$.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info twincamzz. I just happen to have a set of chrome Heritage bars hanging on the garage wall! I never thought of it. Although the Chubby RK bars are really great looking, I like the price of the free ones!

Thanks Again.

·
Registered
129 Posts
An excellent cheap bar is the (HD # 55954) slightly narrower and taller with a lot more pull back than the stock bars , more importantly they don't change the wrist angle .

·
Registered
428 Posts
Heritage bars worked for me. They came stock on my police RK.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mud,
I went with the White Bros. kit. Quick & easy. I like the results.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts