V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 fatboy with the stock handle bars. I saw a heritage with a set of beach bars. I was thinking about getting a set for mine. Does any one have a set on their fatboy? If so do you have any pics of it .

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was in the Vacaville, CA HD store the other day and they had a couple of Fatboys and a couple of Heritages with the beach bars on them and they looked great. Really added a lot to the bike. A salesman told me that there are two sizes of the beach bars. The large is too large for most folks but the smaller ones (really don't look small) fit most folks and and look great.

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have 1 1/4 beach bars on my bike and love it. I like to keep everything as low as I can. I am using my factory cables. No problems.:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just bought a 1998 Fatboy and went thinking of what to do about bars I called the tech I have work on my bikes. I liked the Beach bar look and he agreed it would look awesome but was gonna be a Pain in the Neck....Literally. The older solid motor mounts send all the vibes right up the bars and to your neck.

Told me if it were a newer Rubber mount he would do it in a heart beat. So I passed on beach bars and went ahead with a bunch of other mods.

No I got to looking at other Custom Deluxe, Heritage and a few FB with the big Apes....not for me.

But I have my 06 SB with Mini Apes and they are great. So I call again and ask about Mini Apes and he tell me to go 12 inch Apes So I went that way.

Going up Saturday to have a look and take some pic's

Karsten

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Some place with a special on wings, would work.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
A bar with extra stalls, with doors, is probably something to look for also. More you eat, more that has to come out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts