V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
driver
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a Corbin solo seat on my EG Classic last fall and now I feel like I'm reaching for the handle bars. Any recommendations on bars? I'm 6-1 and when I lean back on the backrest my arms are too straight. Has anyone installed the Harley bars that give 2" more reach? How about Wild1 575s?
Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Did some research on the 575's by Wild One. All of the riders over on the Electra Glide site who have switched to them are very happy. I just put a new seat on my Street Glide and need some more reach also. The 575's seem to give the whole package with respect to rise, pullback and still keep your hands behind the fairing. I will be putting a set on in the next couple of months myself. Seems like they are the best choice out their for glides.....

P.S. Comparing pictures of the 575's and the stock bars while off the bike gives one the impression that there is not much of a difference between them. However, once installed on the bike, the difference is instantly felt.

Hope this helps.........

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
WO 575 without a doubt. Made all the difference in the world. Clean too, with the wiring inside. You'll have to replace your clutch cable, all others reach. Yea, I know... the WO page says "uses all stock cables." Only if you want to route your clutch cable outside your fairing and not do it right. Think about it, what a grand time to switch out to braided steel cables!! :hystria:

http://www.v-twinforum.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=19676
Go to this link, see how I'm sitting on mine. I'm 5' 11" and the reach is super!!!

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Here's another view, if it helps.....

·
driver
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. My dealer had been pushing the HD bars, but I used to have Wild1s on a Heritage and I loved them... figured the bars for the Glide had to be pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts