V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Bank Angle Sensor is tripped will my odometer read "tip"?

Is it possible to disable the Bank Angle Sensor? I thought I read there is a "side car" mode.

THanks!!!!!!!!:)

·
?????
3,531 Posts
There is a sidecar mode, but why would you want to disable the bank angle sensor, its designed to cancel the turn signals upon turning and shut the bike down if it goes down while running.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Is it possible to disable the Bank Angle Sensor?
THanks!!!!!!!!:)
Well, if you get a large hammer...
Oh wait, you mean disable it
and still have the bike work...

If you add the security system, you get a new
bank angle sensor more-or-less for free...

Take your knee-pucks off...

:)
-W

·
Registered
568 Posts
Perhaps if you give year and model, someone will know what wire to disconnect and the color code to identify it. My guess is it will be the serial data line and disconnecting that will make your turn signals 100% manual-no automatic cancel, and cause your security light and check engine light to stay on continuously. I disconnected mine because the auto turn signals required too much attention, oddly enough.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
09 FLHX. I've got a drop seat kit which repositions the tsm. Under hard acceleration the BAS is tripped causing the bike to shut down. THe dealer says there is no way to disable the BAS.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTSOM: Yes that is the problem. I have re-located it to the stock position and location problem solved. Poor design on the part of FBI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts