V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
yesterday i just replaced the stock ape-hangers with lower & wider XLX-style handlebars.
I could barely manage to re-route the stock, semi-rigid brake line.
So i want to put braided line - not a pre-made one, but use seperate connectors and a line.

I looked through the workshop manual and can't find if the banjo bolts are 10mm or 12mm. :dunno:

another point - the manual says to use steel/rubber sealing washers. what is that?
I thought you should use copper washers, no?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I replaced my lines on my bob and it used 10mm at the caliper and 12mm at the controls. I made the mistake of ordering 10mm and it didn't fit so I had to send it back to get the right one. Take it apart and you will see that they are different sizes. On the washer it uses steel with rubber center to seal the connection. I would replace them with new ones to make sure the rubber seals. I purchased chrome controls and they came with new washers. So I don't have a part number on the washer but the dealer should be able to look it up for ya! Great move replacing the lines the stock lines suck...I hate metal lines that you can't move around. I went to a drag bar and couldn't make the stock ones work without looking like crap.

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts