V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thanks: Hi can anyone tell me please if I remove the balance pipe across the too header Exhaust pipes will this cause me any problems with the running of the motor, i have fitted a mikuni carb & Hypercharger but just want shot of the Balance pipe, I have a 1200 Sportster sport 99`. cheers twodogs

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Since you have already changed the intake, it is best to put a free flowing exhaust sysem on hte bike to take advantage of the intake flow. You will probably have to tune the carb after changing exhaust, but the bike will run better with a free flowing exaust.
So, do not just remove the crossover pipe, replace the entire system with a performace setup of your choice.

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
S&S knows a little about performance and their position for years has been that staggered duals with free flowing mufflers and stock headpipes with the crossover are one of the best systems around.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
MileDog,
You are correct, that is why 2-1 exhaust are good performers also.
That crossover was just too ugly to leave on my Heritage so I went to a 2-1 for that reason.
People do get good performance from true dual exhaust though.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Milehog said:
S&S knows a little about performance and their position for years has been that staggered duals with free flowing mufflers and stock headpipes with the crossover are one of the best systems around.
That is the way I run mine. Stock headpipes with Cycle Shack slipons. Runs like a raped ape.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
JockeyShift,
Is that on the sporty, because I did not see any room for that crossover on the supercharged springer on your web page. Nice bike.:wootdnc:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
LittleBear said:
JockeyShift,
Is that on the sporty, because I did not see any room for that crossover on the supercharged springer on your web page. Nice bike.:wootdnc:
Thanks. :clap: Yes, the crossover I'm talking about is on my sporty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts