V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Iam sure this has been talked about but here goes,THE BAISLEY SPRING what excactly is it , How much does help it the oil pressure? Is the mod worth it? How much is it and where can you get it.Thanks In advance evry one for the info!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
It increase oil psi a bit. Mainly for quiting damn TC tick. It has been talked about to death. Do search, trust me lots of stuff will come up. Pages and pages of discussion.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Baisley claims 15%=5lb. increase in oil pressure. It seems to work. When they sent me my spring the paperwork advertised a "30% special application spring" available. Baisley performance 5511 N Interstate Portland Ore. 97217 503-289-1251 pn. LMR-002 15% $15.55 delivered.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
The lmr 2 is for street use the lmr4 is for drag racing use. The spring is made by latus motors. I buy them by the dozen they go into every kit we sell. The little spring works good toss the stock lifters and add the spring and you are "tick" free for ever.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hdwrench what is your opinion about the feuling lifters? I used the baisley lmr2 spring with the feuling lifters and it is quiet but feuling only recommends thier lifters with their oil pumps, so now I am second guessing.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Why not a tuturial with pictures?

berserker said:
It increase oil psi a bit. Mainly for quiting damn TC tick. It has been talked about to death. Do search, trust me lots of stuff will come up. Pages and pages of discussion.
Springer, where is your camera and expert tutorial writing when we need it most? :wavey:

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Ok I took a few pictures of the install. Use a pin punch to remove pin that retains bypass spring, you can see stock spring inmy hand, you can also see the difference from stock to LMR, next picture is new bypass spring and plunger. Remove plunger and spray out with brake clean or such to remove any dirt from plunger passage. See next post.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
SO on to the next steps. Insert plunger first then spring, I use a valve core toll to hold spring down it works great. You can use other items this just happens to be what I use.I start the pin into the hole in cam plate making sure it is not into the passage. Then I compress spring and tap the pin in the rest of the way with spring below pin. Make sure you have spring under spring and not though it. Tap pin until it appears on other side of plate and you are done.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Here is what it should look like when you are done. AS well here are the tools that I use to install spring. Well I hope that covers it .

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Steve, what is the part # for that tool that looks like a a piece of wood about 2 x 4 x 8? Is it an HD tool?

Just kiddin' ya!!! Thanks for taking the time to snap some shots!

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Baisley (LMR-002) Spring Length

My LMR-002 is 44mm long. Can any folks provide an LMR-002 spring length. I'm suspecting I might have an LMR-004. My LMR-002 spring is .060" longer than my stock spring.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
In fact yes I do have the part number here it is PW24B And here is the layout of the part number P for pine w for wood 24 for 2x4 and B for BLEM as you can see that is is not a very good pick of lumber LMAO:D :banmep:

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
HDWRENCH said:
In fact yes I do have the part number here it is PW24B And here is the layout of the part number P for pine w for wood 24 for 2x4 and B for BLEM as you can see that is is not a very good pick of lumber LMAO:D :banmep:

LOL!

I don't know, some people like the "rustic" look on their tools!

Not to be confused with rustY!:clap:

·
Registered
786 Posts
I installed new "B" lifters when I did my build along with the Baisley spring but still have an intermittant clatter coming from the front exhaust valve, fine during no load conditions but comes and goes under load at various rpm's. Altho this has been going on for about 7k miles and the bike runs great, just for fun I am going to swap the lifter for the old one that was there before and see what she sounds like. Ghost hunt anyone?

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I think to go through all that work I would swap in a new set. I always install new one with a high quality after market lifter as I have had tick here and there. I posted on the lifters that we sell with a life time warranty.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Calling Moderators

HDWRENCH said:
Here is what it should look like when you are done. AS well here are the tools that I use to install spring. Well I hope that covers it .
A big THANKS to HD Wrench from myself and all members for that excellent pictorial that answers all questions about the Baisley or Latus spring.

Moderators, this thread is in the right section, it has the right title and it has the right answers with excellent pictures from a VTF sponsor no less, I vote for making it a STICKEY, do I hear a second? Thanks, John

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Great job HD... I wish it were a sticky when I was trying to figure out how to do it. I know it will be helpful for those trying to get it done. Sticky vote here.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts