V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 'am buttoning up my 95" build (MOCO), with SE 204 cams (plain bearings, actually no outer bearings) I have already installed the LMR-2 spring. I understand they improved the oil pump supply and scavaging on the 06 Dyna. Should I put the stock spring back in?? I already had a lot of oil in the intake when I dissassembled the top end, will the Baisley contribute to that?? Thanks in advance for any advice or recomendations.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Not trying to be sarcastic but its up to you, do you want to take a risk?
Stock works fine and the new oiling system is balanced and designed by a very talented group of engineers with a very sophisticated toolbox.

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
nw_guy4_fun said:
Stock works fine and the new oiling system is balanced and designed by a very talented group of engineers with a very sophisticated toolbox.
The same could of been said about the original TC88 system but...

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Yep point well taken, but in 8 years they must have made a little progress eh. Ever see the development of the V-Rod and all of those motors Porsche lunched testing.

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
nw_guy4_fun said:
Yep point well taken, but in 8 years they must have made a little progress eh. Ever see the development of the V-Rod and all of those motors Porsche lunched testing.
I agree, the new Dyna's have the first major overhaul of the original design. I bet the rest of the H-D line will get these improvements this year. I have no knowledge of how the new desigm is working out and if there's a big improvement in the lubrication system. Since there is a new oil pump etc, the Baisley spring "may" be counterproductive since everythings been recalibrated.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Basiley Oil Pump Spring

Robert Chicoine said:
I 'am buttoning up my 95" build (MOCO), with SE 204 cams (plain bearings, actually no outer bearings) I have already installed the LMR-2 spring. I understand they improved the oil pump supply and scavaging on the 06 Dyna. Should I put the stock spring back in?? I already had a lot of oil in the intake when I dissassembled the top end, will the Baisley contribute to that?? Thanks in advance for any advice or recomendations.

:huh:
Call Baisley...!!!! These guyz no ther stuff BIGTIME...!!!!
Your call., but I would certainly put the spring in it...!!!!
Never build without replacing the bearings - Just good insurance..!!!:spank:

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input, I called Baisley and they stated that it should not be a problem, because the the relief valve and spring had not been changed and would probably result in the same problem as the previous designs. However, they have not tested any on an 06 Dyna. I think I will error on the side of caution and put the stock spring back in, I can always add the Baisley later.

To all, thanks again.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I have been running the Baisley Spring for a while now with no problems. Good oil pressure the whole time I have been using it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts