V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about the Baisley hybrid heads, or better yet have any personal experience with them? Are these the heads he worked up from scratch on one of those cam/cad programs? I read something about Dan Baisley doing something like that. Or are these ported stock castings. How do these castings compare with the Pro street ported heads. Of course this is all just for a mean street machine not a strip bike. I did a few google searches but really did come up with too much on Baisleys heads. Odd considering many feel he's the harley head god. Regardless, about them heads, what's up with them?

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Call him and ask. I am sure he will be more than happy to answer your questions.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Call Dan at 503-289-1251. Dan did my heads (super stock) and they perform great! Dan is very easy to talk to and doesn't seem to mind you asking questions (even the dumb ones). When he talks about his head work or other performance mods you can hear the excitement in his voice! You can tell that he loves what he does! Give him a call, you won't be disappointed! His web site - http://www.baisley.com/

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Long story short they are not for street use they have a different port heigth, they are really a full out max power head. I have a friend that has them on his 130hp 95 inch. 51 cv carb and a woods 72 cam!!!! For a 95 it really runs

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
HDWRENCH said:
Long story short they are not for street use they have a different port heigth, they are really a full out max power head. I have a friend that has them on his 130hp 95 inch. 51 cv carb and a woods 72 cam!!!! For a 95 it really runs

That is true , there are a few on the street though :corn:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
pa-glazier said:
Call Dan at 503-289-1251. Dan did my heads (super stock) and they perform great! Dan is very easy to talk to and doesn't seem to mind you asking questions (even the dumb ones). When he talks about his head work or other performance mods you can hear the excitement in his voice! You can tell that he loves what he does! Give him a call, you won't be disappointed! His web site - http://www.baisley.com/
I've got the same heads (super stock) going on my 95' build in progress.:yes:
It will be the third bike I've had Baisley heads on,great work!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
pa-glazier said:
On the street? I think that thing would be on it's way to the moon!

It's a bit of overkill for the street 'eh ^rolleyez^

Great sleeper for hunting squids at stoplights.

I saw the bike and talked with the engine builder while chating about my 95" build.
It looks damn near stock except for the huge exhaust header , monster carb and velocity stack.
The bike belongs to one of the staff at the dealer.
Y2K

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's some whopping torque dip but it looks like all hell breaks loose at 4000 rpm.
I'm just looking into options. I have a 124" twin cam fuel injected that is stuck at 135HP and 135 lbs/ft TQ. I currently have Cycle-rama heads with 1.8" intake runner and 2.1" intake valve, woods 9f cam @ 10.8:1cr, 53mm HPInc T.B. w/6.19gm injectors, D&D boarzilla exhaust and a good tune with the racetuner. Still I'm definately hung up somewhere. I'm thinking now that it may be the 53mm HPInc T.B. and manifold. I see that HDwrenches 54mm T.B is putting out numbers in the 160's but that's not really an apples to apples comparison. I'd like to know if anyone knows of a 53mm HPinc T.B and manifold being on a bike in the 145 - 150 STD HP range I think I should be in. I do notice that the HPInc manifold is a fair bit smaller than the super D manifold I have and am wondering if I may get something from modifying it to fit the throttle body. Alot cheaper than buying a new T.B. and manifold and retuning on a hunch. Anyone know what the 53mm HPInc is capable of? Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Pigswill,

Where did you get the work done? I will be asking Lee about the Baisley heads when I take the Dyna out to Jarz for a dyno as he carries them. I went by Sailor on the other forum but I can't access it since I changed my e-mail address.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts