V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a pic of the right side of the FXR after I got the swingarm installed on the Harley. Installing the swingarm wasn't too much of a problem. I'd never installed an FXR swingarm before. Installing the wheel was a bit more problematic because of the caliper. I finally had to find a You Tube video and after I watched the guy assemble his wheel it was a piece of cake. Note the four piston caliper. I bought a Drag Specialties rebuild kit from Ebay and rebuilt it. I'd done this before and it was no problem. The caliper is View attachment 270574 braced on a 1/4" flange welded to the inside of the right swingarm fork. These calipers are some of the best Harley ever sold. The rotor's off an XR1200 Sportster front wheel. I drilled out the .3125" mounting holes to a .375" clearance hole and it fit right on.
Could you give a part number for rear brake line or did you switch master cylinder stock fxr master has screw in fitting and caliper has banjo I’m seeming to only find double ended banjo fittings

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I switched to newer style and mounted it to out side of frame along with fatboy floor boards so it is all a lot more EZ for removal.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts