V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an 05 Ultra last week. I'm looking for pipes that will give that good old Harley sound without being obnoxiously loud. I have quickly gotten used to the radio and would like to be able to continue to hear it, but the stock pipes are pathetic and have to go. I had Wild Pigs on a previous FLHT and they sounded OK. I have searched the web, and the Pigs seem to be on the demise. Anyone have any suggestions for pipes for an otherwise stock motor? Will be doing AC and Powercommander at the same time.

thx

Teu

·
Registered
751 Posts
Teufelhunden said:
Bought an 05 Ultra last week. I'm looking for pipes that will give that good old Harley sound without being obnoxiously loud. I have quickly gotten used to the radio and would like to be able to continue to hear it, but the stock pipes are pathetic and have to go. I had Wild Pigs on a previous FLHT and they sounded OK. I have searched the web, and the Pigs seem to be on the demise. Anyone have any suggestions for pipes for an otherwise stock motor? Will be doing AC and Powercommander at the same time.

thx

Teu
I've been reading a lot of good things about Khrome Werks HP+100 mufflers. I'm doing a 98" build and I'm going to try a Sampson 2-1. The Khrome Werks were going to be my alternate just in case I don't care for the 2-1. As luck would have it a "like new" pair w/end caps popped up on Ebay with a "Buy it Now" price of $150 so I snatched them up just in case.

Rick

·
Registered
116 Posts
Although a bit tame compared to SE II mufflers, the HD Touring Muffler out of the big catalog, 65259-00 (I think that is the number), has less back pressure and a little more sound than the stock muffler and you can still hear the stereo. Check Zanotti for good price new.

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html

Check e-bay. 65976-96, is earlier model of the above muffler. Sometimes can be found at a good price on ebay. Surdyke may still have some of these new.

http://www.surdykeharley-davidson.com/

·
Registered
23 Posts
S & S

I put S & S Ovals on my 06 Ultra. Nice deep rumble and not so loud that you can't hear the radio. You can hear a sample on the S & S website. Bought mine for about $350.00 including shipping from M&Mcycle

Good Luck

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Bobvic2 on Ebay. His superflow mufflers are $185 a set. At least when I got mine. He can also send you a video of them running so you can hear them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I put Vance & Hines Ovals on my 05 EG last year. Also I put on SE air cleaner and the Power Commander. To me they sound great. They bark when you get on it but when you are going down the highway the mellow out. They sound good in the begining but once you put some miles on them they get deeper and better. I listen to my radio all the time and never take the volume over half way. Find somebody that has them and listen to them.

·
Habitual **************.
234 Posts
Martin64 said:
Fullsac....
Never ride with a halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Performance!
Now thats some funny shiat. But seriously, they sound great and are less filling. Of the ears that is.
RB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts