V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sniper
1,659 Posts
If you are talking about late model mufflers, most are designed with baffles NOT to be removed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an '03 Dyna SG which I am bumping up to 95ci with SE II's exhaust. I have a friend that has the SE II's on his bike and he drilled a 7/8 inch plug out of the center of the pipe of the honeycomb looking stuff in order to get more performance and sound. Not sure this will hurt or help the exhaust system and would love to have some expert input. The sound is good on his bike, but what about the performance?

·
Registered
3 Posts
they are not removable, if you do remove them if wont do anything performance wise except to decrease it. buy new pipes if you want a good sound and performance combo.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I drilled mine out on my 07 Deluxe, at first they sounded good, after a while I noticed the bike was'nt as peppy as it used to be, now its gotten so loud I really dont enjoy it, I'm trying to decide on some good sounding slip on's that arent loud.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
You need back pressure. Plus drag pipes are one the reason they are going down on the rest of us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Drag pipes are for loud noise without tone and no performance. One reason I don't ever consider running them. Was just wondering if the 95 demanded more breathing room than the 88 did. I guess that is a question that has many answers and no solution.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
You want your 95 to breath more, get a set of slip ons or 2-1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts