V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... Here’s the situation. I have finally figured out how to remove the baffles from my V&H Turn Downs on my 02 Dresser.

However, I have decided just to remove the fibreglass wrapping and not the complete baffle.

I am running a stage 1 SE mod and K&N Filter with a Dynojet kit.

Will this modification require me to re-jet the bike?

I have pictures of how to remove the baffles if anyone else was thinking of how to do this. Mind you... taking out the turn downs have taken sometime as they are really tightly inserted.

Personally, I don't even know how long it will take to get them back in.

Any help would be appreciated!

Rob

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gary,

I did the mod lastnight, and reassembled this afternoon. After cleaning the finger prints and oils off the pipes I look her for a 25KM blast, and everything seems fine, little louder, and no bogging or troubles of any kind.

Little more popping, so some miner adjustments in the spring may need to be played with, but popping is usual. For now I will just roll off the trottle instead of gearing down to slow me down.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Your right muffler will be blue at the connection point with the pipes by July 03.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even factory pipes would be blue with or without baffle wraps by July 03. The romoval of the baffle wrap has no bearing on how quickly the pipes turn blue.

Thats why they have the heat shielding, so they still look good. I think if I look closely right now, with less than 3000KM on my bike I can start to see the underlying pipe starting to discolor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts