V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 04 ultra and bought the detachable tour pack kit. i am looking at getting a second seat to put on so i dont have the pillow seat on without the tour pack. (think it looks bad) so i have riden a sg glide before and know how th seat feels but was wondering if anyine has a badlander seat and could give me their pros and cons on it. i know it will just be an opinion and i am only looking at using the seat for around town riding and bar hoping with my buddys when the pack is not on.

thanks
kevin

·
Premium Member
4,790 Posts
In my personal opinion, the Badlander is a bad seat. I used one on my old Night Train for a long time because I liked how it looked. It killed my @ss mainly because it was so narrow. I could stand it for about an hour at a time. Around town you maybe could tolerate it.

I haven't tried a Badlander on a touring bike. I suppose it could be different but, my experience with it on my old bike did me on it for life. The SG seat is much more comfortable but Mustang is the best I think. I am using the stock SG seat on my 09 just because I don't have the money available for a Mustang.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice. i found a badlander seat cheap that i am getting this weekend. now just have to wait til spring to give it a try.

kevin

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey, if its the stock badlander tell me what you think. I have a 2005 ultra and was pretty much looking to do the same thing. The badlander seemed like a good choice because it not only has good flow, but is one of the cheapest seats around which decent quality. Price for me is an issue, but if there is a better option then i am also open to suggestions.

Steel

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a 2006 Ultra and take my tour-pak off and put my layback license plate on and badlander seat on and it looks real bad, I mean good bad. Very happy with it and it gives the bike an excellent look of a Street-Glide. I can ride all day with this seat, no complaints. I really like the looks of it on the bike, I don't think you will be dissapointed in your decision if you picked this seat.

·
WFO
817 Posts
The stock SG seat pretty much sucks. Cheap ass plastic seat pan. The passenger pillion is not shaped properly for anyone to sit on for any lenght of time.

I have friends and clients that love the badlander seat. If you find one cheap enough buy it. If you get pressure points call allen at MCC he can make it into a great seat for a few hundred$$$.

If style is the main issue Danny Gray and LePera make sone solo and 2ups with a gr8 streamlined look .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts