V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I had the pleasure of meeting Super Kaz in person. Let me say, he is not the same as he comes across. Number one. He has the BADDEST v-rod. His 118 h.p. is for real!! I have a v-rod with SE 1's, k&n, and remapped. The race wasn't even close. I can't believe 10-15 more h.p. made such a different. His bike is sportbike FAST!!!!! We raced from a 30 mph roll till I slowed down at 135 mph. And he was still pulling away!!!!!!!!
As he told me today, he just wants the fastest street v-rod. I think he has it already, but he now plans on added NOS. Not all of us can afford to put the time and money into our bikes as he did, but he is going through the learning curve so we don't have to. All of his time and work has paid off.
As for me, I will take free advice that cost him thousands.

p.s. Today was the first time I met super kaz and not knowing me, he let me take a blast on his $50k bike. Not everyone would have done that. Thanks Super Kaz.

ride safe
vrodtom

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Tom,
it was great to finally meet you!It's nice to put a face with name/bike.I'm glad you liked my bike and can appreciate all the hard work and $$$$ I put into her!I'm sure we will do it again and if I can ever help you with your bike I would be Glad to!
Talk to you soon.
P.S I went 145+ on that last pass and almost blew me off the bike!
It was still pulling!!!!!!
Kaz..................

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
wyo,
Turbo's have been my first love for many years!Nobody has a kit out yet!I have a guy in Arizona "Walter" at ECS Dyno that makes 300+hp Turbocharged Hyabusa's looking into it for me !He's also a NOS Guru and is setting up my system.I've raced Turbo on all my drag cars.I'm having a 1000+hp Turbo+NOS+Methanol motor built for my 02 Saleen Speedster as we speak!The technology is there just nobody has developed a kit and I want it right before it goes on my bike!
Kaz...............:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Lotta Good People Here

vrodtom's comments about SuperKaz once again demonstrate that we have a lot of good people here on the H/D Forum.

Congrats, SuperKaz. Thanks for sharing, vrodtom.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
I talked with my guy"Walter" about Areocharger and he said he tried them already and they aren't answering the phone and might be out of bussines.No turbo kit's yet but NX 40 shot is right around the corner.I'm gonna put an Air Shifter on her and take her to track.My goal now is a 10 second streetable V-rod!
Kaz.....................

·
Registered
477 Posts
Aerocharger.........

Thats too bad if their out of business. I bought a Aerocharger kit in '96, put it on my '95 Badboy 80ci evo, dynoed at 105 rwhp, 119 lbsft torque. Used to get 50 mpg with it too, if I stayed out of boost frequently. It was an impressive, well engineered kit. Only negative was sound, sounded like a *** twin, with the turbo and their straight megaphone. I was running 11 psi max boost. Kit was $3400 in '96.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Polizzio,
that must have been a kick in the A$$ to ride!
I'm still looking for a turbo setup,but in the mean time the gas will do.Walter,"the guy doing my stuff" had a daily driven 8.40 ET TurboCharged "busa" making 22lbs of boost.Only mod besides the turbo kit was a 10'' longer swing arm!Turbo's Rock know doubt about it.
Kaz................

·
Registered
477 Posts
Kaz,

Yes I really liked my Aerocharger, short of the sound. I'd buy another one if they are still around one day. A 883 Orange Sporty Special punched out to 1200cc and an Aerocharger kit sounds like fun, surprise, surprise............. Haven't tried spray yet but I read and hear good things about it, easy power increase, just make damn sure it doesn't run lean ANYTIME on the gas. Build it Bro and they will bow to you.........

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Polizzio Ran the bike tonight with the 28 tooth pulley, SHE PULLS alot harder. Had to watch for deer. Will run it tomorrow if it doesn't snow.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Re: Aerocharger.........

Polizzio said:
Thats too bad if their out of business. I bought a Aerocharger kit in '96, put it on my '95 Badboy 80ci evo, dynoed at 105 rwhp, 119 lbsft torque. Used to get 50 mpg with it too, if I stayed out of boost frequently. It was an impressive, well engineered kit. Only negative was sound, sounded like a *** twin, with the turbo and their straight megaphone. I was running 10 psi boost. Kit was $3400 in '96.
What type of wastegate did it use? Did you have to change the pistons? How did you avoid overboost? Additional instrumentation?

Jeez, that son of a gun musta run HOT! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
vrodtom I had a friend make it for me in his shop. I used the stock belt, it is at about the end of the rope. I had it made out of 7075 T6 aircraft Alum. The 30 T wait was 1471gr's and this one is 416 gr's.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Agcatman.......

The Aerocharger turbo is manufactured in Dallas, Tx(Aerodyne if I remember correctly). I bought the kit from Aerocharger in NY. The turbo controls boost by varying vanes within housing, controlling compressor wheel speed. I used the stock HD pistons with a thicker James head gasket to slightly lower static compression ratio, as recommended by Aerocharger. I also installed their turbo cam and replaced inferior INA inner cam bearing to full Torrington brg. Kit came with their ignition box which retarded timing some as boost came on. I ran a max boost of 11 psi as measured off intake manifold. I rigged up my own vacuum-boost SS 2" guage on handlebars. The beauty of Aerocharger turbo is absolutely no turbo lag as internal vanes control boost via an actuator on side of turbo sensing manifold pressure. I did all my own wrenching, cleaned up valve pockets in heads a bit while I had it apart to replace head gaskets, no extensive porting. I used an octane booster with premium gas when running boost over 8-9 psi to absolutely rule out detonation, which is what destroys an engine, or lean mixture conditions. i had integrated a bleed switch on manifold sensor tubing to actuator where I could choose between 8 or 11 psi boost while on bike going down the road. The turbo has a self contained synthetic oil bath, therefore no oil lines to tie into engine. It was a great ride, wish I hadn't got a wild hair and sold the bike, guys are never satisfied lol. Got pics if you want to see it. No other Harley EVER blew by me, *** sport bikes yes, but no HDs, built motors or not. And got 50-55 mpg if you stayed out of boost regularly. The bike/me won a local HD dealer dyno shootout, embarrissed the dealer's engine builders(Harley Davidson of Baton Rouge and Tim Bouchelle suck!), and 3rd place in a local bike show in New Orleans in '99. Damn I was dumb to sell that scooter.........

Oh PS: Easy to crank, low compression at startup/idle, and it ran temp wise same as stock idling thru traffic, no boost until about 2k rpm, depends on load, throttle position.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Polizzio said:
Agcatman.......

The Aerocharger turbo ...<snip good stuff>
Sounds like a heck of a deal. How many miles did you put on it? Ever have any problems? If you don't mind my asking, how much?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Bender Racing just released a Turbo Kit for the new 4 stroke Yam snowmobile. {RX!} they look exactly like the AEROCHARGER.? I hear that GM has purchased AEROCHARGER! Maybe ramp up production again! I hope my Dealer# still works!
Best: Steve

1 - 20 of 37 Posts